The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I need some help prior to an Elise purchase.

You see, I am 6'2" with a long torso. The Elise seat position makes me (my head) slightly too high for comfort

Has anyone managed to lower an Elise seat? (I have searched but not found anything specific)

I have looked and think there is a possibility of removing the seat runner, and indeed the subframe and then starting again as it were, but almost bolting the seat straight to the floor, or perhaps making another subframe, dispensing with the runner...?

Any help greatfully received as it would be a gamble buying without being sure

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had the same problem (6'3", long torso, helmet was above the rollbar). The Sector111 'downlow' seat rail fixed it (for me). It rakes the seat back a bit, and lowers it. You lose the ability to adjust the seat, though you can adjust height and rake at install time:

http://sector111.com/products/interior/seats/downlow_seat_rails.cfm

Search for 'tall driver' or 'downlow' on elisetalk, you'll find lots of discussion.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
calling baysailor! Where are you! :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! 4 replies in about 4 minutes - you guys are on the boil

I have contacted sector111 and they say their downlow seat kit is late series 2 specific, but MAY be able to be modified for the S1, which is what I am after

At any rate - ...it can be done :D

Thanks for the rapid replies

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
To prevent this... Compliments of our brother, slaughtr! :clap:
Hey, I'm famous!!

Another one here for the Downlow seatrail. I (and others, I think) ended up installing the seat rail slightly different than the instructions but it definitely got me in the position I wanted. With it and a BELL M3 helmet, which is much lower profile, I'm now secure below the roll bar. I used to look like this!!

Photo courtesy of Moto44; all rights reserved.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
There is a guy here that had to get the roll cage extended a few inches above the roof so that his helmet/head would still be protected.
That would be me ;)

Do a search for "tall person's seat" and you'll see two threads I started about my seat and the mounting of it.

Do a search for "rollbar extension" and you'll see the thread I started about my rollbar extension.

If you live near Santa Barbara, or get out this way on a trip, let me know and you can see how my mods work for you.

I also made a smaller mirror and moved the pedals forward.

"If you want to fit, then you do."

--Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts