The Lotus Cars Community banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
My foam is so gone that I just hosed it out and it was pretty much all gone.

Question. Should I glue the first layer of foam to the leather or let it move? Im planning to use Airtex 1/2 for the first layer. Then a combination of 3/8 and 1/8th ShockTec

When I did the passenger side on mine, I glued the leather to the cloth side of the foam, it did stiffen things up a lot. I'm happy with how it came out although I might do things slightly different on the driver's side.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
When I did the passenger side on mine, I glued the leather to the cloth side of the foam, it did stiffen things up a lot. I'm happy with how it came out although I might do things slightly different on the driver's side.

What did you do for layers? Anything fancy or just simple layers?

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
What did you do for layers? Anything fancy or just simple layers?
I ended up with some 1/8" extra foam to work with because they initially sold me a piece 10" shorter than it was supposed to be; so they sent me an extra roll.

I have a layer of 3/8" as a base with the 1/8" on top of that, I had enough extra 1/8" to put an additional layer on part of the seat and back area.

I left a gap in the 1/8" foam for the seam in the leather at the bend in the seat, I'll leave a bigger gap when I do the drivers side to allow the seam to lay flatter.

I used some conventional seat foam to fill out some areas and make it look like the stock seat. Just sitting on it feels so much better than the driver's side that I haven't touched yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the delay...

The final measurements of the foam in my seats are (in the locations shown in the picture):

8.5 x 11.5" / 6 x 11.5" / 9 x 11" / 8.5 x 11"

12 x 12" / 5 x 11.5"

1.75 x 12"
I cannot see a correspondance between the measurement and the actual size of the pieces on the picture, the 9x11 seems to be smaller than the 8,5x11.

Can anyone comment on that ?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Looks like Ill be in on this mod as well. After about three hours of driving my ass hurts lol
I’m with ya! My second order of gel arrived the other day. I’ll be doing my seats in the next few weeks as a winter project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

121 - 126 of 126 Posts