The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else noticed that the seatbelt buzzer sometimes will just deactivate itself and make no sound upon starting and driving the car, while other times it’ll buzz for a minute or so before shutting off?

Is there a way to re-code this to just be off all the time?

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
Has anybody else noticed that the seatbelt buzzer sometimes will just deactivate itself and make no sound upon starting and driving the car, while other times it’ll buzz for a minute or so before shutting off?

Is there a way to re-code this to just be off all the time?
Maybe check your connection under the seat?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bad I didn’t explain it well .. it is the same beeper / buzzer that happens if you take the belt off when driving or if you’re not buckled up when starting to drive. Sometimes it beeps sometimes it’s silent !

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
If it beeps while the belt is buckled, and you're stationary, then that's probably a few different things not right. Here's how often, and under which scenarios it should make noise:
Rectangle Font Circle Number Magenta

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
I would try reseating the under seat connection.

Reactions: JTM09

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it beeps while the belt is buckled, and you're stationary, then that's probably a few different things not right. Here's how often, and under which scenarios it should make noise:
View attachment 1323594
thanks guys .I'll see if I can get to the plug. No water issues at all.

It does not beep when buckled.

Today I started the car and drove 3 times. All 3 times the buzzer went off for only 30-ish seconds with the flashing light, then stopped buzzing even tho I was not buckled (dont tell my mom).

I am under warranty so I am not worried, I'd like to totally disable it honestly.

Just find it so strange that it does something different each time :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
JTM09 you have a GT? boy I've had mine for 5 weeks and already had several major issues, good thing I was trained for almost 7 years on an Elise or I would have jumped off a bridge lol

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
thanks guys .I'll see if I can get to the plug. No water issues at all.

It does not beep when buckled.

Today I started the car and drove 3 times. All 3 times the buzzer went off for only 30-ish seconds with the flashing light, then stopped buzzing even tho I was not buckled (dont tell my mom).

I am under warranty so I am not worried, I'd like to totally disable it honestly.

Just find it so strange that it does something different each time :rolleyes:
The problem now with warranty you could wait for a part for several weeks or months o_O o_O according to my tech, when the parts are ordered, they now go from the supplier to Lotus and then to the dealership, Lotus doesn't stock anymore...

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
I'd like to totally disable it honestly.
The chime/buzzer is integrated into the instrument cluster. AFAIK, there's no programmable way to disable it. You could easily defeat it physically though:
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Logo

Just jump the 2 pins in the seat belt switch connector, and it will always think you're buckled in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JTM09 you have a GT? boy I've had mine for 5 weeks and already had several major issues, good thing I was trained for almost 7 years on an Elise or I would have jumped off a bridge lol
Yes, 21 GT. Picked up a few weeks ago with 6400 miles so hopefully the bugs were addressed already. How many miles are you at and what went wrong?

The chime/buzzer is integrated into the instrument cluster. AFAIK, there's no programmable way to disable it. You could easily defeat it physically though:
View attachment 1323673

Just jump the 2 pins in the seat belt switch connector, and it will always think you're buckled in.
great info here 👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts