The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed Corbeau LE-X Sport racing seats in my Elise. LE-X Sports Road I love the seats; they mount onto the existing Lotus mounts and were fairly easy to install. They're also comfortable and fit me well. But I have two issues...

1) I want to be able to use my stock seatbelts when not at the track. The stock seatbelt receiver is short and is jammed in between the seat and the center console.

In the picture, the seats are pushed all the way back; it just gets worse as I move it forward for my short 5'2" legs. It's almost impossible to latch and unlatch the seatbelt because it catches on the lip of the seat. Also, the seatbelt receiver doesn't rotate and at the seatbelt itself doesn't tighten and loosen as it's supposed to. You can also see the marks on the receiver where it rubs against the center console as it slides forward.

Does anyone know of a seatbelt with a longer shaft that will match upwith a Lotus seatbelt? Something like this:

2) The seat is just a bit too wide at the front and rubs badly against my center console. This seat has been moved up and back maybe 15 times, and you can see the white mark on the console where it's already starting to rub the leather. It'll make a hole in no time. Any suggestions on how to alleviate this?

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

·
Registered
405 Posts
No idea on the seatbelt, but as far as the rubbing, you can trim the seat a little bit on that front corner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts