The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking forward to collecting my Elise next Tuesday from Weissach in Vancouver.

How have you guys found the seats? getting in and out, which does become a challenge as one gets older, and what are your thoughts re long distance in the car?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looking forward to collecting my Elise next Tuesday from Weissach in Vancouver.

How have you guys found the seats? getting in and out, which does become a challenge as one gets older, and what are your thoughts re long distance in the car?
Congrats on your upcoming purchase of your Elise. Good luck. There is an art to getting in & out of the Elise..a lot easier with the top off.

As far as long distance drives, ever since I switched to Lotus Sport seats I have never had an issue with being uncomfortable..Here is a shot of my seats..

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Seat comfort

I replaced my '05 Elise standard seats with Exige Probax ones.

Huge difference. Very comfortable, particularly on long drives. I thought I would miss the lumbar module on the Probax seats, but I don't.

As far as getting in and out, not really a problem once you get the technique down. Motivates me to stay limber and keep the weight off! :D

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on your upcoming purchase of your Elise. Good luck. There is an art to getting in & out of the Elise..a lot easier with the top off.

As far as long distance drives, ever since I switched to Lotus Sport seats I have never had an issue with being uncomfortable..Here is a shot of my seats..

Phil

So whats the art?

·
Registered
315 Posts
You will need to read this upon thread in it's entirety when getting your Elise...

But here is a little section of it... also there is video somewhere in the site if you want to see how some people do it.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/1068359-post2.html

Personally i use the ejection function... You just have to remember to pull-in your legs before ejection then extend them prior to landing.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I must be the only one that finds the stock seats from an '05 just fine for long and short distances. They are easily the most comfy seats I've ever owned in roughly 40 vehicles, especially for long drives. Weirdly enough, the Probax in the Exige I sat in for a while felt uncomfortable! <doh!>

As for whether it gets harder as you get older I have no idea. Gaining rapidly on my 3rd year and about 30k miles of ownership I feel younger than I did before I bought it!

More importantly, after nearly 3 years and 30k miles I am as happy as the day I bought it. Very few people can say that about anything, nevermind a car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts