The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sat in the demo at the Lotus dealership in Boston (Really Waltham) and wow are the seats thin with almost no padding.
Question for people who are driving thier cars. Are the seats acceptable? The car had the touring option.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
That's a pretty subjective question. Remember this is a street legal race car not a Lexus. It will do just fine for me, until I replace it with a CF one ;)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Surprisingly, no. I drove it over 5 hours from Pittsburgh, and while I was aware it wasn't Charmin soft, it wasn't a problem. Of course, when I got back in my MR2, it was like being on the living room sofa! You really do notice the difference!

The width of the seat could be a bit of a problem -- you can feel the metal frame on your hips. Not bad, but if you're especially heavy, you do need to test the seat before buying. I'm 5 ft. 11 in, 195 lb, and I'm glad I'm not 10 pounds heavier!

I wish the seats were a tad more reclined, but I guess this is the proper racing position. Still, when I got done with my 5 hour drive, I was surprised that I didn't have much stiffness in my back -- normal amount for a trip like that, I guess.

·
Registered
687 Posts
lotuscar said:
I just sat in the demo at the Lotus dealership in Boston (Really Waltham) and wow are the seats thin with almost no padding.
Question for people who are driving thier cars. Are the seats acceptable? The car had the touring option.
Drive the car! :eek:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
pinmagic said:
The width of the seat could be a bit of a problem -- you can feel the metal frame on your hips.
Seats do not have a metal frame. They are made from a fibreglass shell in 1 piece.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Arno said:
Seats do not have a metal frame. They are made from a fibreglass shell in 1 piece.

Bye, Arno.
Oh, thanks! Still hard, but at least it's comforting to know it's hi-tech hard!

zvezdah1 said:
I've had no issues with being comfortable for long drives with my bony a**
Chris
With all due respect, Chris, that's a little bit more than I really needed to know about your a**. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts