The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
21 - 40 of 77 Posts
Looks like Proformance are having lots of winter driving opportunities this year. I just noticed another track day on the 26th; I should go since the Elise was an Xmas present from my wife!

I wasn't on the list. Park Place keeps the slots from people that drop off the list so I just got one of their cars. It was going to be their demo. Yes, I paid over MSRP for the privilege of "cutting in line".

Hey, I see you are from Eugene! I grew up there; Class of '80, Willamette High School.

I need some help here guys. What kind of excuse can I come up with to go to Proformance the day after Christmas? Without the kids in tow?:rolleyes: :confused:

Maybe postpone Christmas by one day and while the kids are busy unwrapping presents I bolt out the door unnoticed????

SBrugger said:
I need some help here guys. What kind of excuse can I come up with to go to Proformance the day after Christmas? Without the kids in tow?:rolleyes: :confused:

Maybe postpone Christmas by one day and while the kids are busy unwrapping presents I bolt out the door unnoticed????
If you hand out good enough presents, no one will notice that you're gone...

So Andy got his car out of state and Sleepless "cut in line". (Just teasing. I have no problem with you buying a car on the open market. I also have no problem with PP selling cars that the owner declines. It doesn't change my position in line.) Is there anybody on the forum who ordered a car from PP and has taken delivery?

I am beginning to wonder if there is any point to staying on the list. Will PP ever get enough cars for me to get mine?

Mine had the inventory number L009 which to me implies "Lotus #9) so I'm guessing it is the nineth car they got. However, one of the sales guys told me they delivered 12???

Regarding numbers of cars they are getting, one sales guys they expect 7 a month. At that rate, your turn would be in about 5 months.

A little bird told me there is an Elise in Colorado for $1500 over MSRP if you want to try to check that out.

I ordered mine from Park Place and got it.

Of course, I WAS #1 on the list and ordered it the day Park Place got their dealership and before they announced it. (Thanks, Mark)

I got mine on 9/17 or so as did #2 on the list which came on the same truck.

The next batch, I think, was the batch that included SBrugger's #6 car. (mentioned in his post above)

cbolz said:
Is there anybody on the forum who ordered a car from PP and has taken delivery?
I wish the list purchasers would post, I know they are out there.

There have been a lot of drop outs. In the last month they have sold 3 off list.
BRG - I was told this was to have been a replacement demo.
BRP - Purchaser was told it was to be demo replacement.
Yellow - The demo car.

I hear that some of the west coast orders finally left the port on a truck earlier this week, anyone able to confirm this?

Lets just hope the Lotus hurries up and gets their act together to get a regular flow into the West coast, which should drop the perceived value closer to list and get things moving for listers.

cbolz said:
So Andy got his car out of state and Sleepless "cut in line". (Just teasing. I have no problem with you buying a car on the open market. I also have no problem with PP selling cars that the owner declines. It doesn't change my position in line.) Is there anybody on the forum who ordered a car from PP and has taken delivery?

I am beginning to wonder if there is any point to staying on the list. Will PP ever get enough cars for me to get mine?

Just for laughs, do you mind telling me when you put your deposit down with PP?

I'm #40 and put my deposit down during the seattle auto show in the fall of 2002 (Could of been 2003 - my contract is at work right now)

Of course, when I put my deposit down I was #32, but then was told that they had "Merging lists" so I got pushed down to #40.

Expecting May/June delivery

Found my slip. Check was written on Nov. 8, 2002. Original contract #32, told last summer the "lists were merged" and fell to #41.

I could say I got screwed, but that goes without saying. Funny thing is, I could have a car tomorrow at msrp, but then I'd lose my $1K deposit

smura said:
I could say I got screwed, but that goes without saying. Funny thing is, I could have a car tomorrow at msrp, but then I'd lose my $1K deposit
I was under the impression that Park Place deposits were refundable until the actual order was placed.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.