The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Seattle Area Elise Freaks

9K views 76 replies 18 participants last post by  bobmarble 
#1 ·
I know from the boards there are a few of you out there. Let's check in and see about maybe a late summer - early fall get together with all our shiny new cars.

#6 ·
Little Bill

They're a great local blues band that does a tune called "The Seattle Blues" where our cities' name is sung just as you've spelled it.

They play a lot of the local clubs and usually do at least one appearance at the "Out to Lunch" concert series.

Their CDs can be hard to find but Fred Meyer is usually a good place to start. "Down for Double" and "Another Rainy Day" are both good CDs. "Seattle Blues" is on "Double"

Happy Listening!

CDubYa Ordered 03-01-04 Silicon Valley Auto Group
Saffron Yellow Base Model :D

#11 ·
I finally got up to PP for the demo drive last month. A Lotus rep was up there recently and supposedly gave assurances of continued flow of cars to Seattle. The salesman was not willing to commit to the number of deliveries after the 18 built in Oct, Nov and Dec. Does anyone have any more current info about what will happen after Jan 1?

Chris

#12 ·
Who's There?

I just got a VIN (691) this AM from SVAG. It's supposed to be in port in 3 days but I won't get delivery until about December 1st. Who else will have a car on the ground in the area by mid-December. Any interest in a get together?

#14 ·
I'm looking to grab one of those same port cars headed to Denver and bring it back to Seattle. If any of you hear something more specific about the port delays go ahead and post here.

(I'm so far down the list here that even at a reasonable delivery rate I figure at least Dec 2005 before I'd get one here)

#15 ·
Ah Mike Mike Mike, only 4 1/2 years? I put my first deposit down at Ron Tonkin in '96. They returned it in 98 and I didn't know Park Place had taken on a Lotus dealership until you had ALREADY snagged spot #1. But you already heard me whine about it.

But...... I sat in my car today!!! They are prepping it tomorrow and I'll pick it up late in the afternoon.

For now, it's surreal.

The reality won't sink in until I'm on the 520 bridge in a rainy, dark rush hour, surrounded by Escalades and Avalanches.

THEN I'll feel the adrenaline (and reality) kick in!

Burgundy/tan, touring, LSS, hardtop, cup holders, DVD entertainment system, GPS navigation, heated seats, fold-away rear seats. :huh: I'm confusing it with my minivan again....does Evergreen have a minvan track day?....those rear seats should take 4 point restraints in kid sizes

#19 ·
Oh, funny thing. I left Park Place at about 7PM on Tuesday night and drove back to work, about 3 miles. As I get out of the car in the nearly empty lot, an old Mercedes comes whipping up and the driver jumps out. "I'm number 60!!!!! What number were you?" Uhh, six I tell him. I think he was a bit crestfallen!

#25 ·
I wasn't on the list. Park Place keeps the slots from people that drop off the list so I just got one of their cars. It was going to be their demo. Yes, I paid over MSRP for the privilege of "cutting in line".

Hey, I see you are from Eugene! I grew up there; Class of '80, Willamette High School.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.