The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Sebring 12 hour

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ah746 
#1 ·
It's looking more and more like the Lotus exige/elise is going to be campaigned by Team Elite at Sebring this year. Is anyone else planning on going. I'm really leaning toward going myself.

#3 ·
I'd like to see the Elise race. When is it and when will they confirm the Elise in it? How hard is it to get tickets and how much are they?:confused:

#4 ·
HI All,
Was talking to some race people yesterday who know the car say no chance of it being ready by Sebring.

I don't see how they can hope to be remotely competitive running against audi and others. I means it's a late 90s design which Lotus never really spent the time to develop.

Chris

#5 ·
zvezdah1 said:
HI All,
Was talking to some race people yesterday who know the car say no chance of it being ready by Sebring.

I don't see how they can hope to be remotely competitive running against audi and others. I means it's a late 90s design which Lotus never really spent the time to develop.

Chris
Well that sucks! I agree with you about there being any hope of the car being competitive, but it still would have been neat to see them have a go.

#6 · (Edited)
This Pistonheads article about the Elise says nothing about Sebring. Looks like your sources are correct Chris.:(

edit- Says nothing except in the title "Elise to race at Sebring"- jeez would someone please get some definitive info and post it on Sebring- It would be nice to be able to plan for this thing- why is Elite being so damned coy while article after article claims the Elise will be there:confused:

#7 ·
Does anyone know anything yet :confused:
On the Sebring site it lists Lotus but is this a different team or the one that zvezdah1 is referring to?

sebring schedule

My co-worker is the "Randy Chase" of the South Florida Audi Club site and he said they have almost 100 people going, so I can buy a regular ticket and get an Audi Club guest ticket and hang out with them, (No free close parking for me- No Audi-no parking in there area), but it would be nice if Lotus had a fan club if they were going to be there too.

#8 ·
The Team Elite is the GT1 Lotus entry, it's not a sure thing they'll be there, the car apparently had loads of work to be done to it.

Like to see it even if it hasn't got any chance of being a competitive car (calate 90s design) I believe it's running with some type of Buick engine??

Chris

#9 ·
from autoweek online

Cochran returns
The driver who gave Ferrari its first major sports car win of the modern era will return to racing with Lotus. Jay Cochran, who claimed a debut win for the Ferrari 333SP at Road Atlanta in 1994, has signed to drive Team Elite’s Lotus Elise GTP at the Sebring 12-hour later this month. The race will be the 41-year-old’s first international start since 2001.

#10 ·
ivan1 said:
from autoweek online

Cochran returns
The driver who gave Ferrari its first major sports car win of the modern era will return to racing with Lotus. Jay Cochran, who claimed a debut win for the Ferrari 333SP at Road Atlanta in 1994, has signed to drive Team Elite’s Lotus Elise GTP at the Sebring 12-hour later this month. The race will be the 41-year-old’s first international start since 2001.
I plan on going if I can get that Saturday off. Anyone else from So Florida going?

#11 · (Edited)
there is a photo on the alls web site. there is also a tvr in the race

Sebring car

#12 ·
Hi all.

I work with Team Elite, and have only just discovered this thread... Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I thought I would clarify one or two points with you all...

"Was talking to some race people yesterday who know the car say no chance of it being ready by Sebring. "

Was never aware that not being at Sebring was an option.... We were set-up for the race well ahead of time... Shame we didn't get many miles on the car though!

"I don't see how they can hope to be remotely competitive running against audi and others. I means it's a late 90s design which Lotus never really spent the time to develop."

It is precisely because Lotus never really spent the time to develop it that we feel it has untapped potential... Sure, beating the Audi's is a tall order, but then again, isn't it for anyone who enters???

"edit- Says nothing except in the title "Elise to race at Sebring"- jeez would someone please get some definitive info and post it on Sebring- It would be nice to be able to plan for this thing- why is Elite being so damned coy while article after article claims the Elise will be there"

From the outset, our press releases stated that we would be at Sebring.... Never said anything different... The only indecision we had was whether we would do select LMES rounds as well....

BTW... We will be at Mid-Ohio in June with our new engine programme underway.... See you guys there???

AH

www.teameliteracing.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.