The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be signing up to do a DE Track day in Sebring on 10/31 and I'm wandering if any fellow SoFLA Elise owners or anyone else wants to join in. The event is held by Chin Motorsports and it should be fun. I will be running in the novice division with my Elise, a friend of mine is renting a Formula Mazda car for the day and my brother in law is coming with his S2000. The last time I did one of their events was about 4 years ago in my C4S and it was a blast, there are always lots of different cars at these events and I'm looking forward to seeing what the Elise can do on the track but I'm a little worried because I hear that Sebring is a little rough on cars and I'm really babying the Elise. Any suggestions or tips from the pros? We're running on the 3.7 mi circuit used by the AMLS.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I may be there to watch. A few fellow S2K owners from Tampa will be there.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Track days

Elise Seller said:
I think that we'll be at the South Florida boat & yacht show on that day. Otherwise I'd love to come. Good luck on the track.
Ryan, thanks. I stopped by to see you on Tuesday but you didn't start working till 4:00PM. Next time I'm that way I'll come by and see you.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I do a lot of events with Chin, they do a great job. I'm doing Homestead next weekend with nasa, not sure if I'm gong to be at Sebring becasue I hope to have sold my M3 by then. Lord knows I won't have the Elise yet. If anyone is interested in an 01 M3 let me know!:p

Ps. There will be a guy there in a race prepped E46 M3 who is also getting an Elise in the next few weeks, he may even have it by then. Have fun.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Re: Re: Track days

NtflBlueLiz said:
Ryan, thanks. I stopped by to see you on Tuesday but you didn't start working till 4:00PM. Next time I'm that way I'll come by and see you.
Alright - I saw your Nightfall Blue Elise down in the Aston & Lotus Service drive. What's happening with your car?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'll be doing my first event with Chin Motorsports at Homestead on Nov 7th. I'll be driving my 2004 Subaru WRX-STi. I've done a number of HPDEs with PDC / NASA and PCA.

I drove Sebring with PDC last April (I think)... full 3.7 mile course. My advice would be to take it easy and learn the track. 3.7 miles and 17 turns take some time to memorize. It's a great track, though.

I'm planning on getting an Elise... hopefully early in 2005. Gotta get some $$$ in order first. I want to keep my STi. I absolutely love my STi - a fantastic car. The Elise will be the 2nd car in my "collection." My 5 year goal is a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale! :cool: Then I'm going to have to build a new garage!

I went to see the Elise in person for the first time last Saturday at Palm Beach Motorcars. OMG, the car is better in person than in the photos. Sitting in the driver's seat reminded me of sitting in the cockpit of a racecar. No doubt, this car was built for DRIVING. I can't wait!!!

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts