The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
You were smooth (I like to see that), but only driving the car at about 8/10ths. The car will carry more speed through the corners (but I am used to hoosier A6 tires), depending on your tread, you may have been driving closer to the limit than it looks. Was your time 40 plus change seconds?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My best time was 40.0xx - keep in mind this was manual timing as our system broke for the event. I'm running star specs, and there were many corners where I definitely could have kept more speed, especially the during slalom and entrance to the rear straight.

I really need to work on remembering the course in more detail during the course walk, I think that'll help a ton.

Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I really need to work on remembering the course in more detail during the course walk, I think that'll help a ton.
I agree with Addertooth, but it is tricky to "see" grip.

Linewise, though, it seemed really good - there were a couple of spots where if you overdrove, you'd have needed to fight to get back over; I thought your line looked great.

I'd bet more speed could have been carried in a few spots, and from the start, it sounded to me like you shortshifted; not sure if winding first out longer would have been beneficial, though.

I did not see a whole lot _wrong_, basically.

Iain

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, it really helps to know I'm at least at a good beginning. I really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Good drive.

I guess I'd tighten up the final turn to the finish.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Your doing great, if this is only your second autocross your getting very fast very quickly, nice. The other thing I would add to this previous comments is look ahead 2 - 3 - 4 gates. Although it is hard to tell from the video you appear to be looking at the next gate only and not far enough ahead. If you watch the top autocrossers they are often looking out the side of the car, several turns ahead.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Your doing great, if this is only your second autocross your getting very fast very quickly, nice. The other thing I would add to this previous comments is look ahead 2 - 3 - 4 gates. Although it is hard to tell from the video you appear to be looking at the next gate only and not far enough ahead. If you watch the top autocrossers they are often looking out the side of the car, several turns ahead.
I was thinking the same thing...the op isn't bad at driving cone to cone, but there are some spots when more speed could be carried by looking a bit further.

All in all...for your second autox...very well done!!:UK:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts