The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with the president of my dealer. He said that Lotus has not asked for the sceond batch of orders yet, and he has not placed the second batch of orders with Lotus as well.

My car falls into this second batch group. Does anyone else know if their dealer has placed the second batch of orders with Lotus???

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Mine has not gotten the call for 2nd batch either. My rep said that they expect the call any day. I'm #12, but he told me that I will be the first order in the second batch.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
_JD_ said:
Mine has not gotten the call for 2nd batch either. My rep said that they expect the call any day. I'm #12, but he told me that I will be the first order in the second batch.

JD, My dealer has taken everyone's order in the second batch. He is also waiting to hear from Lotus Cars US to place the orders. I'm just woundering when that will happen?

Mitch

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
hermanslotus said:
JD, My dealer has taken everyone's order in the second batch. He is also waiting to hear from Lotus Cars US to place the orders. I'm just woundering when that will happen?

Mitch
My dealer waits to get the orders from the customers until they get the call, but as I said, they expect that call any day. He actually said before the end of the month.

As I understand the process, Lotus calls and gives the dealer a week or so to collect the orders from the cusomers(ed). I guess your dealer is a step ahead in gathering them first and then giving them to Lotus when they get the call.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I last talked to the dealer about a couple of weeks ago, and he said that I should expect a call "within a couple of weeks". Which seems consistent with the "any day" that _JD_ got from his dealer. I certainly got the impression that it should happen before end of the month.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ConeFusion said:
I last talked to the dealer about a couple of weeks ago, and he said that I should expect a call "within a couple of weeks". Which seems consistent with the "any day" that _JD_ got from his dealer. I certainly got the impression that it should happen before end of the month.

Yeh I expect the orders to be placed with Lotus anyday now since the month is almost over.

Mitch

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Sigh, I was told the same back at the end of january..."Lillie, we will call you within a couple of weeks to take your order."

In a way, I guess I'm glad...still havent decided on a color. Still leaning for yellow, but I have to admit CO is starting to appeal to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
any news on FOD status.... don't think they have ordered any cars yet. My understanding from LCU was that no orders were being officially accepted from any dealers yet.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Modern Wedgie said:
Sigh, I was told the same back at the end of january..."Lillie, we will call you within a couple of weeks to take your order."

In a way, I guess I'm glad...still havent decided on a color. Still leaning for yellow, but I have to admit CO is starting to appeal to me.

Modern, wouldn't want to be in your shoes. Both of those colors are nice. CO is really awesome!!!

I hope our dealers get the second batch in soon. I want my car this summer!!!!

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
Still leaning for yellow, but I have to admit CO is starting to appeal to me.
I'm in the same boat. It was a toss-up between red and yellow. I was leaning heavily towards red, and then the photos of the CO Exige came up. Now I think I might go for CO.

I'm actually hoping that I can wait another couple of weeks before placing my order, because the Geneva auto show is coming up next week and the Exige launch car is supposedly CO.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
atyclb said:
I'm in the same boat. It was a toss-up between red and yellow. I was leaning heavily towards red, and then the photos of the CO Exige came up. Now I think I might go for CO.

I'm actually hoping that I can wait another couple of weeks before placing my order, because the Geneva auto show is coming up next week and the Exige launch car is supposedly CO.
Please take good pics...perhaps with an object of known color so that we can have a good comparison.

The only thing that prevents me from buying CO is that it just isnt as classy a color as yellow. I think of yellow as a race car color that is timeless...orange just doesnt have that same appeal. But it certainly is appealing now :D

Oh, one more thing I forgot to add...I'm afraid CO will clash with my italian red X1/9 in the garage. I most certainly dont want that...definetly a fashion no no (the girly side peaks out again).

·
Supporting Vendor
4,105 Posts
You two must stop resisting the CO siren's call! You realize that Orange is the new modern race car color of choice. At least for those in the know... ;)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
shinoo said:
You two must stop resisting the CO siren's call! You realize that Orange is the new modern race car color of choice. At least for those in the know... ;)
it's just that sometimes this pops into my head when I see pics of CO

:D :D

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Spoke w/the owner of Gonzaba in San Antonio today (#22). He confirmed that for his dealership, the 2nd batch had not yet been requested, nor had he heard of other dealers taking the same.

As the dyslexic rabbi said, Yo!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Maybe the dealers have not been asked about orders 10 -20 yet because Lotus is trying to figure out allocation numbers?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
nxm150 said:
Maybe the dealers have not been asked about orders 10 -20 yet because Lotus is trying to figure out allocation numbers?
I think thats the best guess yet. Order batch 2 will be the first time we can get a real feel for how many cars each dealer will be getting per month, and the first time anyone with a number higher than 13 or so will have any clue as to when they will get their orders placed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts