The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This just in.

My dealer Huntingridge Motors in CT just called today and told me that Lotus Cars USA has asked him for the second batch orders. They need them in from all dealers very soon.

YEEEEE HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitch ( jumping around the room like a happy donkey):D :D :D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Lucky dog:D

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Mitch I got the call as well -
Saffron yellow/black, touring, hard-top -I may have stripes added and have the wheels powdercoated black but I have time (hopefully not too much) to think about it....:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Huh?! You mean you guys are just getting your order in now?
I put in my order (#15 at Scottsdale) like three weeks ago. The deadline for 11-20 ended two weeks ago!!! They are on 21 to 30 right now! ;)

Seriously, after bugging Dan at Scottsdale Lotus so frequently, he just entered my order on the computer until Lotus would be ready. Good to hear the companys finally accepting orders 11 to 20.

Wish Lotus would hurry up and start building the cars!!!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Allan Gibbs said:
Huh?! You mean you guys are just getting your order in now?
I put in my order (#15 at Scottsdale) like three weeks ago. The deadline for 11-20 ended two weeks ago!!! They are on 21 to 30 right now! ;)

Seriously, after bugging Dan at Scottsdale Lotus so frequently, he just entered my order on the computer until Lotus would be ready. Good to hear the companys finally accepting orders 11 to 20.

Wish Lotus would hurry up and start building the cars!!!

Allan,

I think you are a bit confused. I gave my dealer my order the second week in January, BUT he did Not place it with Lotus Cars USA until today, because Lotus Cars USA did Not want the orders for the second batch until Now.

Clyde Shepherd of Lotus Cars USA whom I met at the LA show called my dealer today asking for the second batch of orders. I doubt your dealer placed the second batch of orders weeks ago since Lotus USA did not want them until today.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ivan1 said:
Mitch I got the call as well -
Saffron yellow/black, touring, hard-top -I may have stripes added and have the wheels powdercoated black but I have time (hopefully not too much) to think about it....:D :D :D :D
Cool, When we get our cars we'll have to get together for some photo's. Saffron Yellow is one awesome color.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
absolutely:D

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Allan,

I think you are a bit confused. I gave my dealer my order the second week in January, BUT he did Not place it with Lotus Cars USA until today, because Lotus Cars USA did Not want the orders for the second batch until Now.
Confused? You mean were aren't we talking about the RX8's low fuel mileage? :p

Mitch, I was just joking in my first post. Sorry, my sense of humor doesn't translate well when written. Come to think of it, it doesn't work that well verbally either. :)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Allan,

Really what I should have said was your dealer has confused you. Sorry about my past comments. I am sure they took your order just like my dealer did weeks ago and they are all placing the official orders with Lotus USA this week. This means we should have our cars by June if all goes as planed.

Allan, What are your colors and options??

Mitch

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Actually, the good thing about checking the Lotus forums every 10 minutes (hey, I have to keep myself occupied until the Elise comes in) is very little surprise me. I figure my order was just waiting in their database until the official call.

Also, I just check with Scottsdale and they haven't received the call from Lotus USA yet to submit the orders 11-20. But they did receive the color chart. They've also spoken to Arnie Johnson who said everything was still on schedule.

I ordered Magentic Blue/Black with Touring package. But will probably change my mind the day after orders have been submitted. (Dan, if you're reading this, I'm just joking. Stick with Magnetic Blue) ;)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
First in line (2nd batch) at SVAG, talked to them today, no news. If it was like the first batch, it'll take a few days to filter to all the dealer. I'd guess the orders don't have to be into Lotus for another 1-1.5 weeks.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Me either, Ed at Symbolic had told me awhile back that I'm number 14 on the LA Symbolic list.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Allan Gibbs said:
Actually, the good thing about checking the Lotus forums every 10 minutes (hey, I have to keep myself occupied until the Elise comes in) is very little surprise me. I figure my order was just waiting in their database until the official call.

Also, I just check with Scottsdale and they haven't received the call from Lotus USA yet to submit the orders 11-20. But they did receive the color chart. They've also spoken to Arnie Johnson who said everything was still on schedule.

I ordered Magentic Blue/Black with Touring package. But will probably change my mind the day after orders have been submitted. (Dan, if you're reading this, I'm just joking. Stick with Magnetic Blue) ;)
Allan,

Magnetic blue was my other choice if they did not offer Lazer Blue. I love Blue, it is my favorite color. Lazer Blue is very close in color to my race car.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
majorbonr said:
that's BEAUTIFUL. what type of wheels are those? i love'm. i want a e30 eventually in my life time, just not now.

They are Jongbloed's. A race Only wheel as they are magnesium centers with aluminum rim halfs. They weigh next to nothing and are major dollars. Thanks for the kind words. The car took over a year to build back in 1996. I just did a major overhaul on the car last year . New Motor, New Brake system, New electronics and I just had the car repainted since I added more to the roll cage.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
327 Posts
What color was the M3 originally?

Someday my M3 will need paint. It's Zinnoberrot, but I can see myself painting it Estoril blue or Le Mans blue if it needs to be totally redone and taken down to bare metal.

By the way, your M3 looks fantastic!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts