The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Very nice front end... back end is not that much changed. I think it's an overall improvement... just need to do better on the back.

Cade

·
Registered
869 Posts
i like it.

I have been a big boxster fan from the start. ( i own a 98).

But she is gonna go when i get my elise.

Soo i guess that tells the real story.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
MotorCade said:
Very nice front end... back end is not that much changed. I think it's an overall improvement... just need to do better on the back.Cade
I like the interior and the steering wheel much better than the 997s. The front's nice...not great but nice. As for the back, I wish they would have used the 2003/2004's vent lower rear bumper.

As for the 280hp, it's marginal but will probably get the Boxster very close to the 5.0 (0 to 60) mark. I think the current 260hp Boxster is in the 5.3 to 5.5 range

That being said, I won't drop off the Elise list for a Boxster....but if the Elise didn't come to the U.S., I'd probably be considering one.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
same sh*t. Front is better, back still sucks ass. No way I'm paying 60k for this. Elise or C6. The Elise is too unique to pass up.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
"Benchmark superior handling on both previous Boxster models has been further enhanced with the addition of variable ratio power steering..."

About this variable steering. I read on the 911 boards that some people who have test driven the 997 felt the steering was too mushy and vague until they started pushing the car. Doesn't sound like it's a good thing.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yeah. Do you always believe marketing hype ? Porsche still don't want to infringe on the sacred 911. So much for any hopes I had for a 986 Club Sport :rolleyes:

·
Registered
758 Posts
I really like porsches. I think they look great, and have a nice compromise between sport and luxury. I just wish they'd make the cars look different. Looking at the current models from the front, and I can't differentiate between the 911 and Boxster. When they release the hardtop it'll be even harder.

They're obviously capable designers, so why on earth can't they come up with something new that isn't an SUV ...

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gromit said:

They're obviously capable designers, so why on earth can't they come up with something new that isn't an SUV ...
Agree wholeheartedly. The cars are boring to look at inside and out- oh but the sound of that flat 6 even in water cooled form...lovely.

·
Registered
758 Posts
_JD_ said:
Agree wholeheartedly. The cars are boring to look at inside and out- oh but the sound of that flat 6 even in water cooled form...lovely.
I dunno. With a few options, the porsche interior is one of my favorites. Almost as nice as the DB9 :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts