The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ‘06 Exige had this part fitted when I bought it.

Question is, since this is an older product, is it still considered a good option for preventing toe link failure?

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
231 Posts
Was hoping someone else would answer this as I'm about to install DS braces. As far as I know from research here this is still an acceptable solution.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I've got one (Sector's) on my Exige. It's been on the car for 7-8 years. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them out there. Anything but stock.

San

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
231 Posts
Inokinetic sells them for $35 a piece. They look like a MIL spec rod end. I could probably figure out what part number if you like. I don't think your likely to find it cheaper.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
The DSbrace is a well proven product with many years of history on track/street. The original Elise ArtCar was campaigned in Lotus Cup with the DSbrace to prove how good it is. Track records were set with this car. Our RTDbrace is a better overall solution but we are splitting hairs.

Yes, the rod ends are a wear item that will need occasional replacement We've sold precious few replacement rod ends as most people have not worn them out. Find them: HERE

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The DSbrace is a well proven product with many years of history on track/street. The original Elise ArtCar was campaigned in Lotus Cup with the DSbrace to prove how good it is. Track records were set with this car. Our RTDbrace is a better overall solution but we are splitting hairs.

Yes, the rod ends are a wear item that will need occasional replacement We've sold precious few replacement rod ends as most people have not worn them out. Find them: HERE

Thanks, and these work on the DSbrace?

The DSbrace on my car is older but hasn’t seen any track use except for the 2 times I’ve taken it out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've got one end thats a little crunchy after 5 years so I was looking to replace them. I also wanted to add a boot to keep the elements out. Does anybody know the size?

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Thanks, and these work on the DSbrace?

The DSbrace on my car is older but hasn’t seen any track use except for the 2 times I’ve taken it out.
Yes, they work on the DSbrace, RTDbrace, TLUkit, etc. We use the same rod ends on all the kits we've engineered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts