The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a sector 111 harness bar and I am wanting to install a subwoofer. Most of the sub enclosures look like they go behind the seats in some way, and I was wodering if any of those would fit with the harness bar...it seems that a lot don't. I've read that the carbon fiber box won't work and even some custom ones that people were trying to sell seem to not work.

I know that the JL audio stealthbox is an amazing option but seems really expensive...unless someone wants to help me with a cheaper stealthbox to make the Matte Black Elise even nicer...!?

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
I have the Chuck Risen subwoofer enclosure. It's fiberglass and painted body color. It houses a single 8 inch JL sub and sits perfectly behind the harness bar. My car is at the dealership right now so I can't snap a shot for you but if you google it you'll see it. Got mine from fast toys.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am interested in adding the chuck risen sub box and putting in a harness bar that doesn't require elimination of the rear speakers. I currently have the sector 111 bar with the v shaped brace which I am happy to replace. Would love to see pics if you have been successful.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
This is the speaker I bought, not sure if the bar would be in the way or not.

From the looks of it I think it would be. This box pretty much holds the 12" so you would need an 8 or 10 inch speaker box for sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is the speaker I bought, not sure if the bar would be in the way or not.
From the looks of it I think it would be. This box pretty much holds the 12" so you would need an 8 or 10 inch speaker box for sure.
I don't think you'd be able to put anything speaker-wise behind the S111 V harness bar but possibly there would be room in front of it but that requires a custom housing for the sub (or at least cut out room for the 'V' part of the bar). If anyone has a solution other than the sub box in the passenger footwell I'm all ears!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts