The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone install one by it self without the stan mod? Did you noticed a big difference?

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Theres a lot of threads about this. Do a search you will come up with a lot. There's mixed opinions, but most concede that both mods together make the best difference.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
i think msf111 did

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I didn't notice a big difference, heck don't even notice it when driving but I did test it out before and after sitting in the garage and it does work as advertised. Here's what I wrote about it in another thread:

This shifter reinforcer does work as advertised, but I found the installation instructions sorely lacking. First, it calls for doing a test fit of the plate after drilling - however, it's impossible to see the holes you're supposed to be testing fittment against unless the car is up on a lift! Second, the instructions fail to mention that installation of the bolts and nuts is really a two person job. I have long arms and was thus able to do it myself, but I think most people would struggle getting one hand to either end of the bolt. Captive fasteners would be a big help here. Lastly, the instructions caution against overtorquing the bolts...yet they neglect to tell you what torque value to use! They really should just figure out the torque and include it in the instructions here.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
just do it with Stans mod. $5 in parts for stans mod at the hardware store if that. Its easier and faster that the S11 mod so why not do them both. Together its MUCH better.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'm glad I read this thread. I'll get the parts to do the Stan part before doing it.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I did the Stan one first. It was a good improvement. I did the Sector one about a year later. I was having downshift issues at the track. The Sector mount fixed my downshifting problem.
I recommend doing both. fwiw

·
Registered
374 Posts
I did the sector mod first and it made a difference, but adding the Stan mod really tightened things up, especially for the track. I don't know about the Stan mod alone.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With SweetDaddyD assistance I finally got the Sector 111 Re-Enforcer and Stand mod installed and it does make a difference, I was actually surprise how much of a difference it made, SweetDaddyD can vouch for it. :up:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I can vouch for it. I was quite impressed. Especially since my shifter is somewhat difficult to get into lower gears. Hectors was like a different car after doing both the mods today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts