The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I ordered for the first time at sector 111 website and unfortunatly I didnt take enough attention before to place my order on the shipping cost they charged me just for the little universal battery bracket. Here is the details of the sale :

Product Name Universal Battery Bracket
Product Size Universal Battery Bracket
Ship Via Ground
Quantity 1
Product Price $29.99
Item-Total $29.99
-----------------------------------------------------------
Discount - $0.00
Subtotal $29.99
Total Sales Tax $0.00
Misc Charges $0.00
Shipping Selection Fed Ex International Priority
Shipping Charge $59.95
TOTAL $89.94

60,00$ Shipping fees!!! OMG ! WTF ?!

I cannot imagine I paid close to hundred dollars for that bracket...... I hope they will make a correction. It must be a mistakes on their website. Is it a 10 pounds bracket to charge that much ? It doesnt look that big also ???

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hi guys,

I ordered for the first time at sector 111 website and unfortunatly I didnt take enough attention before to place my order on the shipping cost they charged me just for the little universal battery bracket. Here is the details of the sale :

Ship Via Ground
Quantity 1
Product Price $29.99
Item-Total $29.99
Discount - $0.00
Subtotal $29.99
Total Sales Tax $0.00
Misc Charges $0.00
Shipping Charge $59.95
TOTAL $89.94

I cannot imagine I paid close to hundred dollars for that bracket...... I hope they will make a correction. It must be a mistakes on their website. Is it a 10 pounds bracket to charge that much ? It doesnt look that big also ???
Maybe its because you live in Canada

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not in Australia on another continent. :no: I already ordered stuffs from california and it never goes that high. :panic:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I had a windshield shipped to me for $75.. From Atlanta GA to Sacramento.. Wow that seems kind of high..

·
Registered
828 Posts
Your best bet is asking them first, before accusing them here of any intentional wrong doing.

Shipping gets weird going to Canada. I sent a set of wheels with tires a couple years back and it was only 120.00 USD. Other times it has been high like in your case maybe.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey NF,

i just ordered a Larini exhaust from them and when i asked about shipping it was close to 200$, so i asked them why and they told me that the only option they offer to CANADA is FedEx because they got burned a few times by people not paying the duties and import taxes and they had to pay them. So i had them ship it to an address in teh states and went and picked it up.... was WAY cheaper.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I totally hear ya! I've ordered stuff from them and got a bit of a shock @ the shipping cost. I ended up catching it @ the checkout and decided 2 ship it 2 the US and driving across. The price does seem a bit high since I order other stuff from the US all the time. Price goes up a lot if u add any item even if it's tiny. Hopefully they can do a bit of adjustments 2 their shipping in the future.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your best bet is asking them first, before accusing them here of any intentional wrong doing.

Shipping gets weird going to Canada. I sent a set of wheels with tires a couple years back and it was only 120.00 USD. Other times it has been high like in your case maybe.

Good Luck.
120$ US is ok for a set of tires and wheels I means it is something really big. But 90$ for a little bracket that worth 20$ bucks think about it 2 seconds ! Wheels and tire weight a lot I mean my bracket must be half a pound and not as big.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
an overnight flight to canada requires a lot of jet fuel and more. that's your share of the cost.
At that price it would be cheaper for me to take the plane myself with good stand by ticket and go take the part over there back and for.

I do not want to buy a jet I only want a little bracket...

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
yes - definitely call s111. I think its just a problem with their site.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Call that experience.

I am now a king at ordering from the states. We always get ****ed. You have to decide by how much. The worst are UPS. Their brokerage fees seem to be based on no actual calculation what so ever. It is a random number they pick out of nowhere. For example a friend and me ordered the same part at different times. He got charged nothing while I had 30$ of brokerage fees...

At least with FedEx there are no surprises. Here are the choices for you:
-UPS ground, cheap but with random brokerage fee. I hate this one.
-UPS air, costs an arm and a leg. But no brokerage fees, at least you know what you pay for.
-FedEx, about the same price (usually) as UPS. No surprise fees.
-USPS, slow as hell, but cheap. No suprises, just delays.
-Friend across the border. I have a friend in Boston. That's the best. Usually the shipping within the US is really cheap. You don't have to pay brokerage (just taxes). That's the best! :D But if your friend comes in Canada only once a year, it can take a while to get your part. That's why you should order a bit before christmas... :p

Ask S111, they might be able to do something. If not, cancel your order or buy many parts at once to spread shipping cost.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Hi guys,

Ship Via Ground
Quantity 1
Product Price $29.99
Item-Total $29.99
Discount - $0.00
Subtotal $29.99
Total Sales Tax $0.00
Misc Charges $0.00
Shipping Charge $59.95
TOTAL $89.94

maybe you should go to fedex and check their rates for international priority BEFORE you start complaining? Should S111 take a loss on shipping costs because of where you live?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe you should go to fedex and check their rates for international priority BEFORE you start complaining? Should S111 take a loss on shipping costs because of where you live?
I did not ask for international priority with fed ex. It was the only choice they on their website.

Personnally I would have choose USPS or regular FedSex ground or may be UPS ground.

Below 50$ value you dont have to pay any custom fees.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have had good service using US Postal Service for small packages. Your brackets would have cost a couple bucks, and Canada Customs wont't send you a bill for tax on the part as well as shipping. I have also found shipping to the US, and in fact world wide, Canada Post beats all others for small packages.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I hate shipping to Canada. I would rather ship to France. And we ship a lot of packages. Using Canada airmail would mean the end user will call me in two weeks wondering where their package was (we ship the same day). But Canada air mail would be a lot cheaper.

Using UPS or FEDEX to Canada is not cheap.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
-USPS, slow as hell, but cheap. No suprises, just delays.
USPS - generally use airmail, which means it'll get there in roughly two months.
:(

So much for NAFTA, huh?
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SHINOO FROM SECTOR 111 TOLD ME HE WILL TAKE A LOOK AT THIS. THEIR WEB SITE IS DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO FED EX TABLE PRICE.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I'd call them-that's silly.

I just bought another roll of dound deadener from B-Quiet. The roll was 17 lbs in the box and the shipping was $14.99 from Alberta to Connecticut.

Maybe you got charged shipping for a battery instead of the bracket. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts