The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a Sector 111 Shower cap, but I have a concern that doesn't seem to be addressed anywhere: how well does it handle winds? The normal summer winds in Tucson kick up to 25MPH in the afternoon, I have had very little luck with car covers over the years, none of them stay on the car long. Even if they are locked on they tend to leave the car and just flap around.

So, has anyone used a shower cap with strong winds routinely? Did it stay in place?

·
Registered
676 Posts
It loops and locks over your mirrors and velcroed on the back side. It has never blown off on me except for the front that covers the windshield (which is kinda pointless area to cover) You're supposed to use them with your roof rails. Its supposed to be used "just in case it showers" theres obvious gaps so if you are worried about strong winds or rain, i'd just put on the soft top.

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It loops and locks over your mirrors and velcroed on the back side. It has never blown off on me except for the front that covers the windshield (which is kinda pointless area to cover) You're supposed to use them with your roof rails. Its supposed to be used "just in case it showers" theres obvious gaps so if you are worried about strong winds or rain, i'd just put on the soft top.
Thanks. I am actually looking to keep cockpit temps down. The thirty MPH winds are usually combined with direct sun and 105F temps...keeping the windshield covered is very helpful. But, at least it doesn't leave the car.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If it's like the one I have, the front and sides are secured with a velcro strap to the windshield wiper and side view mirrors which is no problem. It's the back part that gives me problems as it only slips on to the very end tips of the rollbar cover. I usually tape those ends down and that does the trick so it doesn't blow off. Works great to keep the sun out of the cock pit area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts