The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received a call from a manufacturer today, informing me that a "Shinoo" from Sector 111 has asked them to copy the RLS Mk II pulley.

Sector 111 - you claim to be the leaders, but you need to misappropriate the designs, trade dress and know-how of others?

It isn't the first time, is it? Have you no ethics?

:no:

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Yes, it is true that we contacted Pulley Boys to see if they could produce SC pulley's for us. I saw that they produce keyed pulleys with a milled hex nut on it. They produce this style of pulley for several companies including Jackson Racing (see image), GM (See image) Magna Charger and more. So I naturally assumed it was their innovation not RLS.

Pulley Boys did not inform us that the design is your proprietary pulley. RLS are not the first to produce pulleys nor the first to innovate the milled hex.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pulley and tool that you presented to them to copy was designed by me in conjunction with their machinist, to be sold exclusively as the RLS pulley.

Those are the facts Shinoo. You asked them to copy the RLS pulley, you didn't ask them to copy someone else's pulley. You didn't even present your own design: you presented the RLS pulley and tool, and asked them to make it.

Sounds like leadership and innovation to me.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
It looks like your design is the same as several they sell. This naturally made me think it was their design - which Josh confirmed is their 'patent-pending' design. Sorry you are offended by my assumption.

Our track record of innovation and leadership is clear for all to see. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts