The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the sector111 2 piece rotors (the original gold ones) and the rears have just a slight lip on the outside of the rotor. These have been on the car for 6 years and the lip is just enough to annoy you when doing a brake change.

So that being said I would REALLY rather turn them then spend $400 replacing the rotor discs.

I went to 2 local autoparts stores and they wouldn't turn them because of the slots. Can this be done at all, or am I out of luck?

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Huh, I've had many slotted rotors turned. So long as the thickness isn't less then 24mm when they are done you should be good. Turning them will take some of the slotting out but it shouldn't remove it all (assuming you're above 24mm when they are done).

I use a local auto-parts store so I'd say call around, I'm sure you can find someone that will do them no problem.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
If the store is using a cutter to turn them down, they don't like to do it as the constant stop start over the slots can break the cutter. If they are using a grinder wheel then the slots don't cause an issue and could be turned down assuming it doesn't get below the minimum recommended thickness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts