The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sector 111 has re-released the 06 Katana, while BWR SC option is in the final stages. Given the two choices which one would you pick? The BWR seems to show greater hp and torque numbers than that of the Katana, but the Katana does not require an alternator relocation. CharlieX is tuning the Katana and he is doing it at an additional cost separate from Sector 111.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Moving the alt is not difficult, it goes where the idler pulley currently is, it is a nice solution. I did the install w/o removing the clam

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
its not really an additional cost, it was included in the price of the kit, now its not, so its the same overall, it might even be cheaper now.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Both Good, get the one you want.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Get a turbo :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
BWR

I went with BWR because:
1.) They had ForcedFed on the list of installers. Local for me.
2.) Lower Price. 4878 + Tax at FF
3.) Great Install price from FF.
4.) Stage 2 appears to be progressing quite well with aftermarket parts like, intakes, exhaust, throttle bodies, headers.
5.) Custom Designed Intake (Looks really) I'm sure they funtion the same.
6.) PES has been around for a while as I understand it.

What's the status on CARB for Stage 1 guys????

As far as HP goes, my butt won't feel the differnce of a few HP between the kits.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts

I will tell you this. Rob ( BWR SC) and myself (Katana) are planning on meeting at a dyno within a few weeks to see what is what. Also, I'll make sure we do some side by side runs in gears as well. After we do, I will post the results for all to see.

Unfortunately (for comparison sake) I have a 10psi pulley and an ExigeS CAT & Exhaust, so if someone with a stock Katana wants to show up as well they'd be more than welcome to join us.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Extensive thread on this already. Two good kits. Make column with pluses an minus for both. Go with whichever one has more pluses in it for you. HP, Tq, price, weight, looks, installer, convenience, tuner, ....

·
Registered
11,221 Posts

I will tell you this. Rob ( BWR SC) and myself (Katana) are planning on meeting at a dyno within a few weeks to see what is what. Also, I'll make sure we do some side by side runs in gears as well. After we do, I will post the results for all to see.

Unfortunately (for comparison sake) I have a 10psi pulley and an ExigeS CAT & Exhaust, so if someone with a stock Katana wants to show up as well they'd be more than welcome to join us.

I know of a couple guys who may be up for that (stock Katanas)

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Charlie, now that you're no longer affiliated with S111, how different would it be to create a BWR SC tune? Are the kits that different from an engine management standpoint?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
the pulleys are the same size, the injectors are the same size, the manifolds look the same, its the same supercharger. so my guess would be, not very hard at all.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I made a thread just like this when BWR announced their kit... i dont say this much but f*cking search!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts