The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the S111 folding tow hook comes with the hook, and a single nut. Am I supposed to use another stop nut, or is the nut included with the tow hook the stop nut?

With the grill on the front of the Exige, there is no way to fit a wrench to tighten a stop nut. Do I have to take the grill off? Or are people using spacers in order to be able to tighten the hook straight?

Thx

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
The nut would be the stop nut.

Simply screwing in the hook, it may end up not horizontal.

Screw it in. If it is not horizontal, unscrew it and adjust the nut. Rinse, repeat.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Tried that first, because it seemed the logical path... but it just tightens back down onto the nut. I have no way to grip the nut so it tightens against the car, as the nut is beneath the grill at that point. I'll keep fiddling with it. Seemed like such a simple thing...

Update: Thx..I got it. Just needed to push the mesh in a bit (duh..sometimes I'm too gentle on my cars, to not think to try that)

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Tried that first, because it seemed the logical path... but it just tightens back down onto the nut. I have no way to grip the nut so it tightens against the car, as the nut is beneath the grill at that point. I'll keep fiddling with it. Seemed like such a simple thing...

Update: Thx..I got it. Just needed to push the mesh in a bit (duh..sometimes I'm too gentle on my cars, to not think to try that)
Use different thickness washers between the nut and the upright the hook screws into. Eventually you will find one or a combination of a couple that has the hook screwed in tight AND horizontal, and the washers won't be visible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts