The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
craigyirush
1,536 Posts
I am not sure I would use the word integrity when "friends" will be stiffed out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
I thought your first post was inappropriate, now this. How do you know what the amount owed is, or the details of the loan (when it was due, under what conditions, etc)? And even if you are privy to insider information, this is hardly the time or place to start an argument about what's happened.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Agreed, no need for any rock throwing. If you (@310tmac) have an issue or were on the receiving end of a short stick, deal directly with your counter party, whoever that may be. Anything else, just makes you look less than professional.

·
Conscience not included
44 Posts
I too am sorry to hear this ...
Especially sorry for your friends that invested or lent a lot of money in/to your company. One can only assume that they hoped to get a return on their investment or at the very least, the original investment back based on their trust and friendship. Very sad indeed!

Um. Hey, Person who doesn't know a thing about investing. Nice to meet you.

Investing in new companies is risky business. Professional investors know this and create investment models accordingly.

Crying for the investor, who clearly had solvency issues of their own, is preposterous. As long as the entrepreneur is not reckless with the money, it's all part of the game when you invest in new companies.

If you can't afford to take a loss on a risky bet, don't make it.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,387 Posts
This is Sector 111's sub-forum. They have the ability to moderate it as they see fit, but I'm guessing they have better things to do at the moment.

Please keep it civil here, no matter which side of the coin you support. The moderators will step in if necessary. Thanks in advance.

San

·
Registered
43 Posts
Apologies

I thought your first post was inappropriate, now this. How do you know what the amount owed is, or the details of the loan (when it was due, under what conditions, etc)? And even if you are privy to insider information, this is hardly the time or place to start an argument about what's happened.
My apologies to any and all I may have offended!

Having been an unsecured creditor on multiple business bankruptcies on both chapter 11 and 7, I have been left jaded and this accounts for my hasty and somewhat BRASH posts.
As I am sure many of you know it is not uncommon for the assets to sold for pennies on the dollar to a new company name then open up for business debt free.
Needless to say as an unsecured creditor this can be a little frustrating to say the least. And of course something not soon forgotten.
After reading the previous posts in the thread most of which were messages of praise, condolences, encouragement with confidence for the future,
I could not help but feel the parties most effected and impacted were being ignored and over looked. Specifically the employees, customers, vendors and yes the investors/lenders.
So I reacted emotionally, I apologize for that.
My condolences to everyone effected by this sad state of affairs and I sincerely hope that all come out of this whole, or as close as possible to it.
And of course I wish everyone involved the best!

Regarding your question about where I got my information, it is all public information. All of it is available online as well as the bankruptcy courts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did you have a shifter on order? I would assume if you had one on order and they said they would fulfill those I would call them or reach out to them via email/facebook for a status.

From what I am hearing is that they are going be back its just a matter of time and going through the process.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Did you have a shifter on order? I would assume if you had one on order and they said they would fulfill those I would call them or reach out to them via email/facebook for a status.

From what I am hearing is that they are going be back its just a matter of time and going through the process.
I hope so. They are a huge asset to the community.

·
Premium Member
6,499 Posts
I think we should start a list thread to show potential orders for Sector 111. That could have nothing but a positive effect on any proceedings showing a back log of potential sales. Example.
1. My next set of rotors were going to be Girodiscs.
2. I eagerly awaited their "S" tune (don't like the other continental options)
3. The rear hatch and rear window delete are definitely on my wish list (frankly I missed those completely!!)
4. It was always nice to know shifter cables were available if mine acted up

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I was going for the new Elige shifter but held off due to the uncertainty. I'd be happy to support them when they are taking orders again.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Full set of rotors and pads (I even tried to place this order)
Complete shifter upgrade with cables etc once they were to come out with installation (Waiting to hear shifter for Evora was complete)
Tune upgrade for some mods I have planned (This would be a month or so down the road)
Monkey bar with harness (Has been on my list not sure about the time frame)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I sincerely wish only the best of luck to Sector. To echo what many have already said, the customer service is just incredible. The first time I ordered from sector, I received a call from them, personally thanking me for my purchase. I was blown away, I was expecting only bad news when they introduced themselves, that there was an issue with my order or such, but that wasn't the case. Mind you, it wasn't a large several thousand dollar order that prompted them to call me and thank me, it was nothing more than just V2 arms. Of course, they sent the thank you card with the signature of all the employees with the order. That initial customer service from my first order had me convinced I'd be a customer for life. Having placed several orders since, I have nothing but good to say about Sector. They were a fantastic help in guiding me to pick the right coilover setup, and have answered my personal questions about the Elise even when it didn't involve buying parts from them. The Lotus community would suffer a massive loss is Sector 111 disappeared.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am still relatively new to the Lotus community, but from the moment I began snooping around on these forums, I saw your name pop up here and there, & I quickly caught on that "Shinoo" was someone well-respected in this community. This post is a testament to the high regard you are obviously held in. I wish more business owners operated on compassion, trust, and transparency; this is obviously a piece of your heart, a passion over a business, and I wish you the best!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm seriously bummed to see this. I recently bought an Elise and was looking forward to buying a bunch of Sector 111 goodies for it when I saw that the website wasn't accepting new orders. I hope you can bounce back soon - I would love to get some of your stuff!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Although I haven't been doing much of anything with my car over the last couple years, you and your crew have been SO very helpful over since the first week I owned it. I know you'll get thru this. I wish you the best Shinoo.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.