The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the fobs on the keys not locking and unlocking the car? It messes with the security system.

I’ve gotten locked out of my car twice where I had to go in and turn on the car and it blows the car alarm,. I replace the fobs’ batteries and that didn’t do anything. Still the same thing. The dealer said the battery might be having issues, but I’m not seeing any signs of battery problems when I’m driving it around or any of the other electrical systems.

It’s a 2018 400.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I’m having bizarre issues too. Not to jack your thread, but I can’t shut off the immobilizer even after changing the Batteries. It Takes a solid 5+ mins of hitting the button to get it to work. Is your issue just lock/unlock?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m having bizarre issues too. Not to jack your thread, but I can’t shut off the immobilizer even after changing the Batteries. It Takes a solid 5+ mins of hitting the button to get it to work. Is your issue just lock/unlock?
Yep same thing. I’ve been stranded several times. Dealer can’t see me for two weeks on Nashville. I’ve changed the batteries on both fobs. Same thing. Was maybe going to Roy and get the security system unlocked to get it to a car battery change place. Some guy said the security system can be weird if the battery is weak. I’ve noticed no battery issues though.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yep same thing. I’ve been stranded several times. Dealer can’t see me for two weeks on Nashville. I’ve changed the batteries on both fobs. Same thing. Was maybe going to Roy and get the security system unlocked to get it to a car battery change place. Some guy said the security system can be weird if the battery is weak. I’ve noticed no battery issues though.
haven’t noticed a battery issue either. All lights work. When the car starts there’s zero hesitation. Gonna call my local dealer on Monday to see if they can help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve called two dealers, neither know what’s up. The forums have been more helpful. Could be a battery issue but my batter shows no sign of being bad. Other guys on the older posts say it’s a fuse issue. The problem is I have to get my immobilized off in order to open the trunk to get to the fuses

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
hadnt even considered the fact that you have to shut the immobilizer off in order to get to the trunk. talk about a flawed design.
looks like ill end up having mine dropped off to the dealer on a flatbed if i cant miraculously get it started.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hadnt even considered the fact that you have to shut the immobilizer off in order to get to the trunk. talk about a flawed design.
looks like ill end up having mine dropped off to the dealer on a flatbed if i cant miraculously get it started.
Yeah mines not even working when I hold down the key for five minutes anymore. Stranded

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yeah mines not even working when I hold down the key for five minutes anymore. Stranded
i sat in the car earlier pressing buttons on both remotes, opening and closing the door etc for a solid 5 minutes. had to leave before I burnt the car to the ground. but then it poured so I came out on top?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i sat in the car earlier pressing buttons on both remotes, opening and closing the door etc for a solid 5 minutes. had to leave before I burnt the car to the ground. but then it poured so I came out on top?
Lol. The other day I steamed me and my RE agent out on a 100 degree day in the sun because if this.

It was this or the 911.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone else figured this out? My car is basically stranded until my dealer can fit me in.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Do you have the 4 digit code to defeat the immobilizer? Page 22 in the manual. Got my code from the dealer but I can’t figure out how to do it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where do you get the 4 digit code? I see the page in the manual, it has some #’s there. That looks like mock numbers though

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I figured out where the manual trunk release was, there’s a little tea bar that you pull for the manual trunk release right under the passenger back seat cushion. I’m going to disconnect the battery terminals to see if that resets everything.

·
Administrator
1,519 Posts
Have you load tested your car battery and cleaned up battery connections and ground connections on engine and firewall?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, beyond my understanding. I’m not a mechanic. Just did find the fuse box, been checking related fuses. All seem fine. Battery terminals are not corroded.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Where do you get the 4 digit code? I see the page in the manual, it has some #’s there. That looks like mock numbers though
It's in the Maintenance Record Book. If you guys havent figured out how to do it I can give it a shot

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Probably best to obfuscate your immobilizer PIN and key cutting codes.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts