The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker and part buyer figured i share my build, its a 1998 Toyota corolla with a 2ZZ assisted with a BOE rev400. its a garage build so its not the prettiest. i try to track it once a month some times 2 day track deals.

Some specs
Engine:
Stock block 2zz
Moroso Oil pan
Accusump 2QT (Pending install)
PPE 4-1 with 1.75 runners to 2.5 all the way out.
Boe rev400 currently on RED pulley
bored TB
IDX1050x
Radium catch can's
Radium Fuel surge tank
K&n Orion intake
Wizard cooling Custom crossflow Radiator

Drivetrain:
ACT HDSS Clutch
TRD 1.5way Clutch type LSD

Wheels and tires
Fastbrakes Wilwood Kit .
225/45/15 on a 15x8 (works nice on bigger tracks smaller ones i tend to over spin the 15's a ton)

EMS
Link Storm G4+
Oil temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, Ethanol content sensor, Wideband knock sensor

Whats next
Riaction 2-way coilovers
Possibly a DBW setup
Geometry correction for the front.

Currently runs on both 91 and E85.
Dyno on Dynapak 4000's
91 - HP:249.85 TQ: 173.02 @7076
E85 - HP:276.64 TQ: 188.30 @7054

e.jpg
w.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
That is pretty neat! Hard to add lightness to a sedan, but I see you are doing well.
Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: stillrolla

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
756 Posts
You shouldn't apologize for the looks. It looks like a racing sedan. When fancy paint jobs make a track car faster, or you pick up a sponsorship it will be time. Further, it looks like you're taking things in the right order. I suspect you'll really like the outcome of correcting the front suspension geometry - should help a bunch with turn in and total cornering force. I tracked this car's great grandfather back in the late '90s and early 2000s and found it a surprising amount of fun for not much money as such things go. Do they still use the multi link IRS? That really helped keep the rear end planted in the turns and (along with ignoring the advice of a guy with 100 more horsepower and RWD) was responsible for me setting FTD in class at BeaverRun once.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You shouldn't apologize for the looks. It looks like a racing sedan. When fancy paint jobs make a track car faster, or you pick up a sponsorship it will be time. Further, it looks like you're taking things in the right order. I suspect you'll really like the outcome of correcting the front suspension geometry - should help a bunch with turn in and total cornering force. I tracked this car's great grandfather back in the late '90s and early 2000s and found it a surprising amount of fun for not much money as such things go. Do they still use the multi link IRS? That really helped keep the rear end planted in the turns and (along with ignoring the advice of a guy with 100 more horsepower and RWD) was responsible for me setting FTD in class at BeaverRun once.
Thank you! this was actually the last model before Toyota switched over to the torsion beam. Im pretty excited about the front geometry correction my local track (Willow springs) on streets of willow my lateral force is lacking. but i daily the car as well so all creature comforts are retained. currently clocking a 1:29.05 at streets of willow but i know there is a TON of time left in the table once its dialed in.

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
Nice!!

My Corolla came with a 2ZZ and 6 speed.

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
I really like the XRS. It delivers more than it promises.

At a local Cars & Croissants, I brought it and a bunch of kids ran over to see it.

Geez, I was surprised.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts