The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the result of a "mishap" with a 2ZZ engine. This is not what you want your engine internals to look like. This is NOT my engine... the Elise is still running fine. This particular engine was installed in a MR2-spyder. The only mods were a cold air intake and an exhaust system.

The red line is a crack in the piston and the blue is surrounding an intact valve wedged vertically into the piston.

:eek:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
he can just put a little of this stuff on it..... it'll brighten it right up !!

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
^ LOL!

I'm sure that can be buffed out ;)

At first I thought it was one of them vortec cyclone thingies installed in the motor... I mean some ppl think those really work! haha

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
That pic just made me sad :( . I say the almighty misshift.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
That is a really interesting concept.....an intake valve installed in a piston! Must be a new form of crankcase ventilation for emissions purposes. :shrug:

So was it an over rev that caused it to eat that valve or failed valve components?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
as an old dutchman said back in the fifties, "she swallowed a valve".
our old racer had an overhead conversion on a model "B" ford engine.
they were the days when 6,000 rpm was offy territory.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just ordered him a new engine.

Cost was under $2500 from Toyota for a brand new head/block... I had to :rolleyes: when I saw the same quote from Lotus.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was in a thread here... I think he said $12k for the replacement engine with an official Lotus part number.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i just ordered an entire engine (they dont sell crates) part by part for everything to replace my POS original engine. total cost was 4000$ from Toyota.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts