The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this exist? When trying to chase down a leak or hunt for a random washer that fell to the bottom, it would be super convenient to be able to peak up underneath the car without having to remove the access panels.

I assume you could machine this out of some think heavy-duty plastic.

Someone please tell me why this is a stupid idea?

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Somehow I thought this topic was "See-thru underpants."

But in regard to the panels, I doubt they'd stay clean long enough to be see-thru. You'd be forever washing them.

Will forego any further analogies to pants.

·
Registered
63 Posts

But in regard to the panels, I doubt they'd stay clean long enough to be see-thru. You'd be forever washing them.

Will forego any further analogies to pants.

You're not the only one.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
That's an awesome idea, I'm going to get Plexiglass and put neon lights, thanks bro!!

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Umm. Renderman. Just checking, but did you read the thread title correctly? Wouldn't want to upset your plans.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I think that's a special 340 one off called the Expose in keeping with the 'e' nomenclature. Super cool.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,175 Posts
I'd be too embareassed:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
reminds me of this:

Anyone else ever build one in the late 70s?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Me too. I must admit its the only reason why I came into this thread.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Translucent lexan would probably work, but I don't think transparent lexan would stay clear for very long. I'd expect dirt and rocks to scratch it up pretty fast. Not sure what the weight difference would be vs aluminum.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
That's an awesome idea, I'm going to get Plexiglass and put neon lights, thanks bro!!
Lexan (polycarbonate) is a lot tougher. During your fabrication, you can put Lexa through a table saw.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Polycarbonate with protective film like 3m or starshield should work ok. I think it would be cool to see translucent glowy panels for tuner cars actually

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Oh childhood

1 - 20 of 23 Posts