The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like an idiot, I wasn't paying attention to a steep driveway. Anyway, I've never had to repair fiberglass, so not sure what to expect. I'm still waiting for an estimate from the dealership in Houston, but was just wondering if anyone had a rough estimate on what this damage might set me back. As you can see from the pics, the damage incurred is on the bottom right side of the splitter. Thanks in advance.

Sal

Attachments

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I had mine repaired and painted flat black for $200. They said it'd be more effort than it's worth trying to color match canyon red. I went through a body shop as opposed to the dealership. My logic, if it's absolutely horrible, I could just buy a new splitter from the dealership.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
It almost looks like it may have made an indentation into the from clam in the first picture. Hard to tell exactly - may just be a reflection. If that is all there is, I would touch that up and cover it with a new splitter instead of having the clam resprayed or blended. There are some good places out there that blend and airbrush scratches.

Fortunately this looks like it is mostly containted to the front splitter which is replaceable. I would get another rather than fixing - I think the labor to piece it back together will be close to a whole new piece. Either way it will need to be painted. Another alternative is to get a carbon fiber replacement from the many vendors here.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone; still waiting to hear back from the dealership, but, like you all have said, if it makes more sense to buy a new splitter, then I will do that.

Sal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.