The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Laser Blue Elise and I have decided to go ahead and put vinyl stripes on my car.

What color combination do you think would look good on a Laser Blue car? Black is the obvious answer, but are there any other ideas? Pinstripe ideas are welcome also.

I got a great price from SweetDaddyD on a 12" center stripe in matte black and 1/2 inch bright silver pinstripes (similar to Arctic Silver)

BTW, my car also has black LSS wheels :p

Thanks everyone :) Appreciate your input.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Orange (I'm thinking metalic) would be pretty sweet Or white... maybe someone could do some photo shoppin' for you with two nice ones straight down the middle. Heck someone probably has pics of both combos...

Whats up with your hard top? Perhaps I missed the thread... pretty cool...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Upon further inspection... maybe that isn't you car... the wheels on the wrong side...:eek:

Oh and I quote... "my car has black LSS wheels" :eek:

Nice huh? :p

Anyway what's the low down on that ht?
Good luck... :wave:

Still think orange or white... and with the black wheels should look super sic... IMO better than black... I would definitely "double" them up in some fashion... not a fan of the single stripe unless it has two little one's on either side...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Very cool...

After market I assume... then again assumptions haven't gotten me very far in this thread...;)

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
that pink actually looks good.
well, it doesnt look as bad as i envisioned it in my mind.

·
Registered
624 Posts
i love the silver stripes. but if you have black wheels I say go with black and I favor the two thick stripes with thinner pin stripes on the sides of them.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
im rolling on the floor laughing that car with pink stripes would look great with BMs man purse.. damn i cant find the pic... give me a min

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
im rolling on the floor laughing that car with pink stripes would look great with BMs man purse.. damn i cant find the pic... give me a min

Hurry!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here is a photo I saved of someone’s LB Elise that I thought looked pretty sharp.

My Elise is Graphite Grey with a silver double stripe and black pin stripe. I had the car for 3 years before I striped it; I wish I had done it sooner. I get a lot of positive comments about the stripe.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Now I would use more of a "metallic/electric" orange... then... I would put a similar set up used on the car close to the top (Bavarian Motorist's/your 2nd post)... the two wide and two slim stripe setup...

Use the "shocking orange" for wider stripes... and then find a blueish silver color for the two outer smaller ones....

And... SHAAAAAZHAM! STRAIGHT UP SICKNESS!!!!! :clap:

·
Registered
547 Posts
bavarian, are you going to do it yourself? i was thinking of ordering some stripes from SDD as well, do you think it is easier to get a good tint shop to do it? I imagine myself doing a crappy job on something like this

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
View attachment 75158

I really say pink b/c my oldest daughter's favorite Lotus color is Laser Blue and she wanted pink stripes ;).

My goodness. I actually like that :eek:

http://community.webshots.com/inlin....webshots.com/photo/2937977650080455281wjBNTU

:p

Here is a photo I saved of someone’s LB Elise that I thought looked pretty sharp.

My Elise is Graphite Grey with a silver double stripe and black pin stripe. I had the car for 3 years before I striped it; I wish I had done it sooner. I get a lot of positive comments about the stripe.

That does look pretty sharp!!! I wonder if I'd grow tired of it.

bavarian, are you going to do it yourself? i was thinking of ordering some stripes from SDD as well, do you think it is easier to get a good tint shop to do it? I imagine myself doing a crappy job on something like this

I am going to have HRM do it. John, the new service manager (great guy), says it shouldn't take more than an hour. Their rate is $110/hr so that's not too bad. I figure they at least know what they're doing.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts