The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I'm looking for pics of black LSS wheels with installed black rotor hats (one or two piece is fine). Just curious as to what that combo looks like. Anyone have any decent pics they can throw up or point me to? I tried looking through random pages of the Elise Photos thread; but I didn't see anything that I could see clearly.

Thanks!

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
I can't answer your question but it made me realize I have never seen anyone talking about painting the rotor hats anything other than silver or black. Maybe brightly colored rotor hats is The Next Big Thing

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While searching le Internet before I posted my question, I came across a couple examples of where people had, indeed, painted their hats a different color. I myself am not planning on doing any painting. It's just that a lot of the new rotors come with black hats by default.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I threw on some new 1 piece rotors with the black protection coating on them the other day. I've got black non-LSS wheels and will take a picture and throw it up here. The black coating wears off where the pads contact the rotor but I'd imagine it stays where it doesn't touch the pad because nothing's there to wear it off. Got them from BOE - the HP Slotted Rotors

·
2006 Exige
753 Posts
I'm away from my car right now, but I have these snapshots I took after I had installed the S111 rotors. I hope that is enough to give you an idea of what they are like.

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, with the black LSS wheels, R888's, the chrome orange and front splitter, it's more than just an idea of what it looks like... it's like a test fit on my very car! Thank you! Much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts