The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I purchased an 06 Exige with an aftermarket BWR supercharger that came with a stage 2 exhaust. Not only is the drone really fatiguing on highway drives, but it deters me from using the car after dark since I live in a very quiet neighborhood. Can anyone recommend a quiet exhaust that is suitable for supercharged Exiges? I am aware that I may lose some hp in the progress but I am going to have to live with that. When all else fails I may just resort to the stock S240 exhausts. Thanks in advance and stay safe.

Justin

·
Administrator
2,040 Posts
The stock Exige S muffler will be your quietest option. I installed PPE headers to St-5 and will be selling my old Exige S muffler, cat and header in the near future. Only issue it is a heavy muffler but a great sound at idle and low rpms and opens up at WOT.

Reactions: StressCraxx

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. Thanks for the quick response. It seems like I’ll be adding about 20-30 lbs. Do you know if That will be a Noticeable change in terms of horsepower or responsiveness?

·
He's on fire!
3,286 Posts
might try contacting 2bular, but be prepared to wait. I think they can build some pretty quiet mufflers that have to comply with strict track sound regulations.

·
Administrator
2,040 Posts
Wow. Thanks for the quick response. It seems like I’ll be adding about 20-30 lbs. Do you know if That will be a Noticeable change in terms of horsepower or responsiveness?
Hard to say because I had it on the REV 300 but with the original Koldfire tune and it's hard to compared to latest BOE Fastworks tune plus headers, ST-5 and CAI. That was a 38hp jump so I'm not sure how it would feel on your SC. My ST-5 was louder WOT but also has a nice idle and low rpm note but BOE also has ST-7 which is even quieter that you might want to consider.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
hangar111 Signature Dual Exit Exhaust

Great low mellow sound. I ran it Catless, was too quiet so I sold it.

Reactions: jp223

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
BTW, my Exige also had the Stage 2, and the Drone was unbearable. I had to use noise cancelling earbuds or earplugs.

Removing the hardtop, cleaning all the seals and then making sure the top was tight in back removed a lot of the droning.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol. I am putting my airpods to good use right now as well. I’m probably going to start looking for the stock exhausts for Exige S.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
I have a stock Exige S exhaust for sale.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a stock Exige S exhaust for sale.

Just sent you a DM. Thanks.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,600 Posts
I had a Stage3 Janspeed and didn't think it was that loud. It was also pretty light. I had a C6 Corvette at the time with long-tube headers and mild to wild exhaust, so I might have been a bit biased. I have the BWR Silent Touch now and feel it's pretty quiet until it's up in the high RPMs.

San

·
Premium Member
11,891 Posts
At .015 %, that would be impossible.
-----

My BOE 300 runs thru my stock exhaust. It is fine.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
2bular 8x24 GT3

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
At .015 %, that would be impossible.
-----

My BOE 300 runs thru my stock exhaust. It is fine.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was referring to the responsiveness and/or HP based on the differences in the mufflers other than the weight. I agree that the weight won't be a big factor. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts