The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I should get commission or something from Inokinetic (I get nothing) but I swear their Sonic Fury answered all my problems. Well except that now instead of hearing super loud exhaust, I hear all my windows leaking air, transmission whine and rock being kicked up against the bottom of the car.. Stereo is actually a worth while investment now..

But be warned, its ear bleeding loud at full throttle past 5K. Keep it below that and you would never even know there is aftermarket exhaust on the car (I have a rev300 btw)... Search Sonic Fury and see all my old posts..

If you're in SoCal, hit me up and I'll take you for a ride.. it has to be seen in person to believe the magic of this exhaust..

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
I had the BOE ST and it was a very reasonable volume. A bit louder than stock, but not much. I imagine the ST-5 would be pretty quiet, but it comes with some caveats.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Other than the sound, in what ways would the ST-5 be better compared to the stock?

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Other than the sound, in what ways would the ST-5 be better compared to the stock?
Well, I would check with BOE - they say that model requires more maintenance. Maybe repacking?

In theory they should flow better than stock. I don’t know if that’s true. I have a BOE 300 kit so I just decided to stick with a system that’s all tuned together.

The ST is plenty quiet IMO. I have the QS now and it is LOUD.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts