The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Does anyone know when the next generation Elise/Exige will be coming out? Was it suppose to be next year?
I believe that the latest rumor was 2013, but who knows how accurate that is. Seems pretty soon given the 2011 facelift investment. With the 1.8L engine being pulled from Europe after the 2010 model year, they'll have to do something with the engine. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a V-6 Exige everywhere until the new model and carry on with the 1.6L Elise S as the only Elise model in Europe.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I really like the LED integrated head lamps. Since they are redesigned, there is no possibility of putting them on older models. Is there? I would love to find if someone made the headlamps with LED daytime running lights and removed the function of the current setup. Has anyone added LEDs as daytime running lights ? Would be nice to see some pictures.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
^^What JWA said, the hard top has always had that :shrug:
Ok, my bad.

Hardtops are the devil.

My car will be stored in the Chicago winters, so for the summer, it's open top all the way! Don't have a hard top and never will.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dew Lotus of Tampa Bay

These were taken about 3 weeks ago. I stopped by the dealer on my way home from Cars and Coffee DuPont in St Pete to say hi in my Exige S and a NEW BLACK 2011 ELISE was being delivered. It was beautiful. The new styling is very nice, especially in person. The car no longer has any plastic louvers, it has all been replaced by the metal screen like on the Exige. The wheels are imprinted with the letters "forged" - very high quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Ok, my bad.

Hardtops are the devil.

My car will be stored in the Chicago winters, so for the summer, it's open top all the way! Don't have a hard top and never will.
Hmmm...I've had my Elise for 4 years and have never cruised without my hardtop on. Yes I am in Chicagoland. Hardtops rock! :nanner:

·
Registered
242 Posts
These were taken about 3 weeks ago. I stopped by the dealer on my way home from Cars and Coffee DuPont in St Pete to say hi in my Exige S and a NEW BLACK 2011 ELISE was being delivered. It was beautiful. The new styling is very nice, especially in person. The car no longer has any plastic louvers, it has all been replaced by the metal screen like on the Exige. The wheels are imprinted with the letters "forged" - very high quality.
"forged" eh? Huh? Why would anyone want that stamped on the wheel? Is that to impress 10 year olds? :shrug: I still say this new model is being "Toyotafied". It's the Toyotafication of Lotus in general. LED running lights is sooo in style, it's out of style. Very trailer park IMO

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Yes, hardtops always had that.

Hi Abe. When are your 2011 Elise's coming in?
We west coast dealers typically get screwed when it comes to allocation since it takes longer for it to arrive :shrug: I'm assuming the cars should be at port by now or at the very least in there in the next couple of days. What that really means is that we should see cars within 30 days :mw:

·
Registered
316 Posts
That 2011 Black Elise actually looks pretty good to me ... as do the wheels. Too bad these wheels aren't standard. These wheels look like the ones off of the Exige Scura (except that they're not black).

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Very nice in black. Do you have higher rez images? I'd like to see the access panel detail, is that one piece?

·
Registered
170 Posts
"forged" eh? Huh? Why would anyone want that stamped on the wheel? Is that to impress 10 year olds? :shrug: I still say this new model is being "Toyotafied". It's the Toyotafication of Lotus in general. LED running lights is sooo in style, it's out of style. Very trailer park IMO
I agree. The "forged" stamp reminds me of 90's Pontiac wheels with "ABS" on the centercaps. Also agree with your assessment of the LED lights. These features continue where the start button and security system left off.

Jason

41 - 60 of 66 Posts