The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
I saw this a couple of weeks ago.. Although he only wanted 3k and sum change.. I guess garage space makes the car more valuable? Idk.. No wheels no motor or tans!

·
Registered
529 Posts
auction removed from evil-bay.

·
Registered
529 Posts
GAH! I hate that wing they put on it.

Also they displayed a lot of pics of the car but nothing with close-ups of the suspension bits or the engine compartment. And none of the interior.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
WoW! A bargain for an 89' rolling (dragging) chassis without even a binnacle or steering wheel!!

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yea, it would take a special buyer to purchase what's left of an 89 for $7K+. A close to complete SE went for $13K on eBay recently. This car is at least $20K and a lot of pain from running.

They really needed to modify the mounting for the side mirrors instead of just sticking them on crooked.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have seen the car up close. Be aware that the forward crossbeam (in front of the sump) has been removed from the frame - I assume to fit a larger motor. Also both the hatch and the front have been altered - if you look closely at the pictures you can see the changes. As far as body parts the doors and bonnet are stock. The floor under the driver's seat has been removed. There were a variety of interior parts piled in the car when I saw it but do not know what is there and what is not. The interior was extremely dirty, so it was not possible to assess the condition of the various interior pieces. It does not have stock seats. It has no brakes and the rear hubs, if I recall, are missing. The front hubs were there but no brakes. Overall, in extremely rough shape. Caveat emptor.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like about $50 of value left in that mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 10 of 10 Posts