The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen this? Updated interior kit...

From the Lotus GT1 fellow.. $990 for the kit..

Asked other questions but only way to communicate on it was via FB and havent gotten replies on how to install, gauges, etc., etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont know if do LH or not, awaiting reply

·
Registered
455 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone else think the vent (to the right of the instrument cluster) looks odd in the gray? Black would look so much better IMHO.

Over all it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone else think the vent (to the right of the instrument cluster) looks odd in the gray? Black would look so much better IMHO.

I totally agree, it doesn't make sense to have the right one gray and the left one black; make them both black. We need to find out if a LHD version is available though.

·
Registered
860 Posts

I think those pieces are in the raw. They aren't covered in leather. That's probably why the gray and black.

It's hard to tell from the picture, though.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think those pieces are in the raw. They aren't covered in leather. That's probably why the gray and black.

It's hard to tell from the picture, though.
Ahh... That could be. I just assumed that this was a finished product and that they were some sort of suede or alcantara accents. But you're right, it is hard to tell from this picture.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone know his language and can email him?

Questions I have are:

1. Can do in LEFT HAND drive?

2. What else is included?

3. What about gauges, etc.

4. Vents themselves?

5. Sell JUST the speaker portion for lower door panels?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Wow...that is really nice!
Yes, I believe those parts are grey because they are raw and intended for either body color paint or to be covered in a contrasting leather.

If those come in LH (left-hand drive), I'd say he'll have quite a few people interested, that's for sure.

Roy

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a reply to email from them..
==========================================
Q: On the interior dash and door parts, do you do in LEFT hand drive?

A: I have interior parts right hand drive only.

Q: What about other needed stuff for it like gauges and vents?

B: Use the original gauges.

HUGE SIGH

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
:( Sorry to hear that. I wonder if he realizes that the market for this item could be considerably greater than for flares...could be quite profitable. Guessing he has no LH Esprits out there from which to make a proper mold.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also asked about rear

Q: Rear round light piece. What is the price shipped to Texas?

A: rear parnal $167.00

$ 98.00 Shipping to Texas 7-10day.

+ free paypay 5%

total $278.00 total

Ive seen a couple with his and the quality looks excellent. Includes OEM mounting points and is designed to simply paint, remove old tail lights, cut for round tails, install

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:( Sorry to hear that. I wonder if he realizes that the market for this item could be considerably greater than for flares...could be quite profitable. Guessing he has no LH Esprits out there from which to make a proper mold.
Maybe if some of us email and let him know! His email is

Umb Kan
[email protected] a h o o.com

REMOVE spaces to email.. His english is not good so dont get complex in the email!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
So this is the same person who is making the GT-1 flares. This guy has skills...

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I emailed to order the rear panel and speaker door parts ($100 for the pair!) and asked:

Q: Can you do dash for left hand drive? I WILL BUY and many others!

A: sorry i can not make.

thanks again.

<SIGH> I would have bought that kit! Best of both worlds: 4 cylinder turbo and updated interior slips through our hands...

:mad:
:thwack:

·
Registered
252 Posts
How difficult would it be to update my '91 with the later style front bumper and spoiler?

I've seen a few cars where it was done but never found a write-up.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
How difficult would it be to update my '91 with the later style front bumper and spoiler?

I've seen a few cars where it was done but never found a write-up.
I believe the fenders and bumper are one unit. You may have to replace the entire front clip. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
No the bumper and lower valence are 2 pieces, and are replaceable on the SE.
The fender is part of the entire body shell, but didn't change much through the years except for the indentation on the A-pillar and the location of the antenna.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts