The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new or used 2ZZ. Complete motor not just a head or block...
Prefer something with low miles (must run and have good compression).

Lotus had been running on 3 for two months. I need something pronto.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahah, already tried that. Paid Motor Time for that motor and seven weeks later had to call VISA for a refund. Those guys are crooks.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Give it some more time, and you asked on a holiday weekend, so many people are not online. Maybe you can find someone that is doing a motor swap. Seems there are not many of those though.

What about asking on newcelica?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I need a new or used 2ZZ. Complete motor not just a head or block...
Prefer something with low miles (must run and have good compression).

Lotus had been running on 3 for two months. I need something pronto.
We have a few configurations for the 2ZZ. Call or email is fine.
I'm out of town supporting a customer, but when I return on Wednesday I can give you all the specifics if you are interested.

Kris

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
PM lilrocket here, or on spyderchat.com. I hear he has the best prices for 2zz motors. If not, check out "Toyota Parts" - OnlineToyota Parts and Accessories.. They have good deals as well. And if that doesn't offer you the cheapest price, go Matrix XRS, Corolla XRS, or Pontiac Vibe GT engine hunting on various websites for the cheapest price.

The MR2-Spyder guys seem to convert their 5 speed 1ZZ powered midships to 6 speed 2zz powered midships for around $8,000 after getting the swap equipment and special header. They must get their good deals on engines from constantly looking for good finds.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Celica forum is an idea... Thanks Randy. Sucks to be buying a used motor when chances are it will have more miles on it than the one I just blew.

Built motor is something I'm not really interested in as custom tuning starts to add up.

Also, the motor I just blew had a built head with MWR valves and MWR valve springs and it was a valve that I ended up breaking.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have never bought a motor from them nor do i know them. I just saw it on ebay and it looked like a good deal. Sorry to hear about your bad experience

·
Registered
351 Posts
If you do a search on Google a lot of website, offering Toyota 2zz, engines show up. Put Toyota 2zz engine... it might help.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts