The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am going through the process of getting my newly acquired Europa TC ( http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/its-almost-here-74328/ ) registered, it became necessary to have someone confirm the VIN by direct inspection. This "forced" me to drive it today to get it to AAA, so they could perform the service and also fill out and submit the appropriate paperwork.

AAA is about 22 miles from my home and while I was out I also went to the store and the gym.

Driving the car for such a distance really gave me a good base to form a driving impression. And what an impression!. The seats are downright comfortable, the steering precise, the power excellent, the handling sublime. This impression comes a few days after I spent all day driving a 2005 Elise ( http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f110/pals-event-longwood-gardens-june-20-a-71631/ ) - (Storm Titanium, belongs to my brother).

It is amazing how similar the cars are in concept and feel while separated by over 30 years.

The Europa is now my favorite Lotus to drive, well second, behind the Type 69, uh, maybe third behind the Type 61. First among road cars anyway.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,091 Posts
It is amazing how similar the cars are in concept and feel while separated by over 30 years.
Kyle,

Another owner, of both a Europa (TC) and Elise, shares your feeling.

He says the 'Ropa is very similar to the Elise in the way it telegraphs what the tires are doing. And that is what makes both cars, "driver's cars"...

PS this individual drove Gary Visher's Europa for a while on the way back from LOG...and now he wants a 5 speed! :drool:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The process for entry and exit is exactly the sane as well.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations on getting your brother into a Lotus.
Yes it was quite a coup. Too bad he doesn't have the infection like I do. On the other hand it's good for me, the reason the Elise is in my custody is his 2 car garage can't hold the Shelby GT500 the Ford GT and Elise. Sad really.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats, Kyle :clap:

Let your collection grow!

gospeedv8

1 - 6 of 6 Posts