The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Lotus Talk Members,

Our website (Global Autosports) is a marketplace for buying/selling luxury & exotic cars. We have a shortage of Lotus cars for sale on our website and that is part of the reason why we joined Lotus Talk. If you are looking to sell your Lotus and get a good price for it, please allow us the opportunity to advertise the car in front of 250,000 car enthusiasts nationwide.

For package pricing check out this link: Sell Luxury & Exotic Cars online

You can sign-up online or call our customer support team @ (866) 507-2700

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have called on 2 of the cars listed on your website within the past 2 weeks and on both the selling parties said they were sold over 1.5 years ago... One was an 05 Laser Blue Elise located in Erie CO... I cannot remember the specifics on the other. Neither are on the website as of today. How often is the website/inventory updated? I am still in the market for an Elise, but have stopped looking on your website due to appears to be stale data.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
They have had the same 13 Lotus Esprits listed for the past few months. I doubt they are all still available.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Same here. I saw a few exiges on that site. They were ALL sold a looong time ago. When I see lots of old and outdated classified ads, I can't help but to think the site is trying to appear busier than it really is. Not sure what these folks are doing. They may just not have a good way to know when a car sells.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys... Thanks for the feedback. We are having a tough time getting new Lotus Private Seller listings. We have a very tough time keeping any Exige's on the website. As for the sold cars, dealers control there inventory using a data-feed process so we don't add or delete there vehicles without there consent. There are several private sellers cars that are sold and I believe are still listed that I am looking into, I can't delete the listing without the seller's permission as I am sure you understand. Our clients have a username and password that allows them to manage there advertisements on there own time.

RBH, Please feel free to PM me the links of any confirmed sold cars and I will remove them right away.

Secret Chimp, We get between 3,000-4,000 new listings a month so we are "busy".

bfmdcc, I believe the 05 in Colorado was removed a few weeks ago because I do not have it listed on the website anymore.

lotusespritse, I know that 3 of the Esprit's were just listed in the last 4 weeks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sorry if I seemed like I was being snippy. It wasn't meant that way. I was just assuming that you likely had no way to tell when a car actually sells...and the ad should be removed.

I saw your Premium and turbo packages are 'until sold'. Those packages are likely responsible for most of the ghost ads. Maybe you would consider modifying those packages so they auto expire after 6 months? Then at the end of 6 months, if the car does not sell, the seller can re-up for for another 6 months for free (every 6 months till it sells)? That way, ghost ads will disappear after 6 months unless the seller actively extends. Just a suggestion! :)

R

·
Registered
168 Posts
Alternatively, I believe cars.com offers "free renewals" every two months until sold for its premium members. This forces the seller to renew the ad if the car is indeed still available.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We modified our system back in 2009 to automatically force a "Free Renewal" for any listing past 180 days. The issue is that all our repeat customers accounts are grandfathered into the old system. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our website and keep listings up to date. I do understand the frustration of searching classifieds and finding out they are sold. Lotus is one of the hardest brands for us to maintain the "proper" amount of listings to satisfy demand. I know from working with many Lotus Dealers across the country that the used car market is pretty dry on these vehicles. We get 4-5 calls a week from people looking for a "Private Party Exige" and we end up just referring them to LotusTalk because we don't have enough or any sometimes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts