The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Unfortunately i need to move and selling my toys is going to be required! Anyone interested in a very nice example - at a good price!

1999 Lotus Esprit V8 twin Turbo
Can you clarify on this from the ad?

"...this car was spared from an insurance scam and rebuilt by a good friend of mine . "

·
Registered
519 Posts
What happened with the blown tranny? You need to move but will consider a trade? So who tried to scam the insurance company? Your price is high with considering the history on the car.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The interior shots of the car are very poor; way too dark, can you post some more using a flash?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clarification

The insurance company totaled the car. My friend found out about the car and purchased it. He did all the repair work, he used to work for a clutch company in south florida then, briliant fellow. English chap! Why it now has a re-built florida title. I have tons of photo's from beginning to end.

We rebuilt the tranny a few weeks back, replaced the CWP.
Don't really want a trade - but gives you leeway to ad keywords(SEO) to a simple Craigs ad.

My asking price is of course negotiable. I will consider all reasonable offers. Cash is king! :shrug:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Car has a rebuilt/slavage title? Hope you get your asking price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Additional pictures

Dug these out from the archives... Was still using traditional cameras and film back then. Funny how we totally forgot about them in a few short years. I will get more interior shots as well.

Only letting me attach one photo. Go back to Craig's link.

Attachments

·
Cal H
982 Posts
That's at or close to the going price of a 99 Esprit with a clean title. Good luck with the sale. This posting and ad says 99 description in ad says 2000 model year. Easy enough to tell by how it is equipped

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Yeah, while I am not in the market for another Esprit, and as much as I wished that price was reasonable, due it's history it will not get anywhere near the asking price I am afraid...

·
Registered
519 Posts
I Agree with the other guys. I would think some where around 25000 would be the right price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL. Well fellas you can go down in price but you cannot go up. 39k is what my little folder has in it for Cost of ownership( excluding expenses like- taxes-insurance - gas -etc... ofcourse) It needs to go so i am taking all reasonable offers. I honestly would take 30k cash for it! If not i will moth ball it again til i can get back to civilization and enjoy.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Beautiful looking car SpeedDemon! Sure this may not be the car for a purist collector or (hahaha) lotus investment speculator, but for god sake it is certainly a hell of a lot of car for $30k!

Look what $30k gets you for a new car these days...and for a used performance car I would (following careful examination) much prefer an esprit with a declaration than a 911 or corvette (not that there is anything wrong with either of those cars!)

Hell, the seller has even offered to have the car structurally certified. My daily driver is a 2010 ford f150 4x4 that has a rebuild status. I have put 50k miles on it since the rebuild with no issues or bad habits, and you can look all through the whole truck and find no evidence of damage.

In my personal opinion there is a lot of value in the car "to the right buyer" and I wish the seller much luck!

·
Registered
519 Posts
A lot of us have folders with some big numbers in them :) good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have a '95 S4 with a salvage title. I got it cheap and we have done a lot of work on the car and have yet to redo the interior, but it runs well, has a lot of flash, and will be a great car for a great price when done, my plan is to keep it for a while, as the general public has no clue it is a salvage car, and it would have cost a lot more to get the same with a good title.

The rebuilt title decreases the value of the car by as much as 50%. The V8 in question would barely be worth the asking price with a good title, but would be worth $30k easy. So the "value" of the car is in the $20's.
However, there are always rare buyers who will pay more, so I have no problem with the asking price, but you would be lucky to get something close.

Randy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts