The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Damn.... I hate to see you sell that Esprit for so low.

Someone is going to get a deal on it. Sounds like you really took good care of it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I certainly have put some blood sweat and tears into getting this car back up to spec. I love the car, I just have an itch to build one of these kits. If money wasn't a big deal I would have both......but if I did that the divorce cost would be much greater :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
[snip]If money wasn't a big deal I would have both......but if I did that the divorce cost would be much greater :)

Congrats on the 818 - my wife saw the FFR GTM at Good Guys Pleasanton,CA - Corvette mid engine, Getrag transaxle - show car quality and fully assembled for $65K.

She said I could get it, but only if I sold the Esprit. :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the 818 - my wife saw the FFR GTM at Good Guys Pleasanton,CA - Corvette mid engine, Getrag transaxle - show car quality and fully assembled for $65K.

She said I could get it, but only if I sold the Esprit. :(
Same here no kit if Esprit is still in the garage, women just don't understand

·
Registered
383 Posts
A friend of mine just put money down on the 818S as well, sounds like I'll help him with parts of the build for the opportunity to drive it!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I always liked the FF Cobras. Not sure about the 818. Looks too much like a modded S2000 to me. Probably drives great, though.....and I'm sure it is a much stiffer chassis than the Esprit.

·
Banned
938 Posts
Would you consider a possible sale and transport to Edmonto Alberta Canada?
Mike.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry to see you selling the Esprit, but..... I'd love to see the FF 818 both in kit and finished form.

One of these days when I clear out my current vehicle restoration queue (including the S4s), I'd love to tackle a FF kit. I really like the Type 65 and the GTM...

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
have you tried the, ''yea, those wedges are cute, but no wedges as long as you have heals in the closet.'' worked for me on bikes... but then again I'm divorced now, so...
I've tried the shoe analogy (making the case for a 2nd Esprit/sports car) but my wife shot back:

"My shoes don't cost thousands of dollars nor do they break down and leave me stranded on the side of the road." :sad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts