The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lotus Community. My wife owns a 2005 Elise and wants to sell it. She bought it two years ago from Steve Harris Imports in Utah, a Lotus dealer at the time. She saw it and fell in love with its size, shape and style. Who could blame her, right? So, she bought it and had it shipped home to the Northeast. Well, she hardly ever drives it; I don't believe she put more that 150 miles on it during the whole time she's owned it. Most of the time, it sits in the garage under its cover (the green and yellow Lotus cover from Sector 111), hooked up to the C-TEK battery maintainer. My wife finds it is becoming more and more difficult to get in and out of the Elise since she has very bad fibromyalgia and some days she cannot even get out of bed. I think I can safely say that the Elise is hard to get out of on a good day! So, she has decided that it is time to let the Elise go to another owner who will enjoy it more than she is able to. My wife asked me to inquire from the Lotus community what to price it at, so I am asking for some advice on a price for the Elise. The Elise is a 2005 model, built in December 2004 and the last digits of the VIN are 1575. It is Storm Titanium with the Touring Package, tan leather seats and black carpets. It has the soft top only. It has approximately 22,000 miles and has no mechanical, cosmetic or functional issues. It has the full clear film treatment, including the turn signals and the headlights. I replaced the original headlight covers with new Lotus headlight covers because they had faded and crazed, then I put on the clear film over the new lenses so they would not be damaged. I have had the car detailed twice since my wife has owned it and I maintain the finishes with Zaino products. The Elise really does look great and drives wonderfully. It is all original - no modifications whatsoever. Oh, wait, does the Sector 111 trunk bootie count as a modification? I bought that for my wife as a present for her Elise. Also, all the books, tools and soft top pieces, including the storage bag are present and accounted for. So, what should it be priced at so it will sell reasonably quickly? I understand that there are no more Elise's coming here. There are a lot of modified Elises and all original, unmolested ones are becoming more difficult to find. Besides, how many women Elise owners can there be out there? Your sage advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Joe.

·
Wow Such Admin
6,932 Posts
Most 2005's are listed around $32k-$35k but realistically are selling for around $30k or so. Post some pics of it.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
$28k to $32k if its perfect. Without the hard top takes away from the value a tad. Might get more because of the color.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
first post to lonnnnngggggg for me to read.. sorry
So you are surfing around on LT, click on threads posted by other members, which most of us do to actually read what those other members have to say.
But then you don't have the time to read the tread you just clicked because it is too long to read, but you have the time to post a reply :facepalm
Your issue seems to be of different nature....

To the OP:

Well maintained low mileage cars without modifications are becoming more and more rare. I would also think that $33k to $35k would be a good start as long as it is mechanically ok.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Well maintained low mileage cars without modifications are becoming more and more rare. I would also think that $33k to $35k would be a good start as long as it is mechanically ok.
This is accurate. It all depends on how quickly you need/want to sell it. If it's as you describe and you want it gone asap; $25-28 and it'll go immediately. It would probably go within two weeks in the low 30s and if you're prepared to wait for a buyer who wants a perfect car (rather than just to get one) then the 33-35 is a realistic number but it will take longer to go.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
agree with cornbeef and many of the others with similar figures

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Well, she hardly ever drives it; I don't believe she put more that 150 miles on it during the whole time she's owned it.
But if a woman drove it, it's obviously going to need a new clutch.
I doubt that even the worst driver (regardless of gender) could ruin a clutch within 150 miles unless they really tried hard to fry it on purpose -poke-

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Makes me very pleased with paying 36k for a Chrome Orange 2008 with hardtop.... all stock with 17k miles... two years ago.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'd agree with those who have stated a price in the low to mid $30ks.

But, I think not selling it is an even better option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thank you all for your replies. My wife is actually excellent with a manual transmission and loves them. I think we will put a price of $33,000 on it and see what happens. By the way, the Lotus is in Rhode Island. I will post pictures and place them in the classified on this site once I get a chance to go out to the garage and uncover the car. I wish she didn't want to sell the car, but sometimes it is best to let it go. Many thanks, Joe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm actively in the market for a 2005 or 2006 Elise. I live in Philadelphia and would love to see it. Think $33K may be a touch high, but not by much. I've looked at lots of them in the past few months. I agree that the lack of a hardtop brings the value down a bit, especially living up here in the NE. I'll keep an eye out for the posting and go from there.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
So you are surfing around on LT, click on threads posted by other members, which most of us do to actually read what those other members have to say.
But then you don't have the time to read the tread you just clicked because it is too long to read, but you have the time to post a reply :facepalm
Your issue seems to be of different nature....

To the OP:

I won't lie. I often open thread where I feel like I can be of some help.... and then I see how long of a post it is and I turn and run.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts