The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Randy will be there all week. I'm going Wed pm - Friday.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Monday if I can clear my schedule. If I'm there (just for the day), I'll be at the Mother's Car Care Products booth.

Bob

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Report from the show..

heh...great day today. Getting up here was a bitch because of traffic and some other delays. We arrived at 4:20pm Monday, enough time to set up. Except they kept sending us to the wrong doors, ending up at the main entrance at 5:15pm. They quit registering exhibitors at 5:00pm and would not let me in the building. Argh. Worked that out. Parking sucked.

Set up at done by 10:00pm and a nice Thai dinner, followed by the sleep of the dead.

Up at 6:00am, but with a migraine on a scale of 1-10, an 8. Wanted to hurl. Could not drive. Could not drink coffee. Could not eat. Waited for meds to kick in.

Behind schedule, still setting up at start of show. Car looks good except for the front end damage. Starshield stopped by.

The booth is drawing a good crowd normally, either because people watch Rendezvous on the plasma, or the Elise attracts them. A lot of people are taking pics and SEMA has some INCREDIBLE cars.

The first day as far as ChaseCam goes has been very good. Randy Probst wants to buy my stuff, which is cool. One of the world's largest racing stuff retailers wants to make an alliance of sorts. Some magazines want to mention my stuff. Was busy talking to people almost every minute.

Only downside is that I don't see how I can get enough time to see the other booths myself.

I have only heard of one other Elise, the silver one at Starshield that was supplied by Lotus.

The racing number graphics on my car look good and set it apart I think from the "show" cars and bling mobiles.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
"Mr Chase, can you say a few words about this new digital video recorder? Is this a working sample, and when do you expect to begin full production?"

·
Registered
347 Posts
khamai said:
And finally, I thought LBonham would appreciate a "blinged out" GEM...
Awesome :clap: Thanks Kiyoshi!
But wonder what the optional doors look like :)
Larry

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
khamai said:
Mike,
Don't know... what's a PDR100? (I'm sure it's obvious, but....)

Kiyoshi
The solid state digital video recorder that Randy is developing.

Some of us have pre-orders in, so think of it the same way as when we were all awaiting info on our Elises :p

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Ahh...

He pointed out a hard drive based vid recorder to me. Might have been a prototype. I didn't pick it up or anything.

Is that the PDR100? Or does the PDR100 use flash memory only?

Having said that I'm certain that they're being batched, and you'll get your VIN when they get loaded onto a ship. Do you want Starshield with that? Please don't flame me, I'm only the messenger! :D

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
khamai said:
Is that the PDR100? Or does the PDR100 use flash memory only?
As far as I know, it's supposed to be flash only... but maybe that has changed?

Having said that I'm certain that they're being batched, and you'll get your VIN when they get loaded onto a ship. Do you want Starshield with that?
I'll take mine in krypton green please :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts