The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I haven't posted much lately, because I've been working on a top-secret project that a couple of you know about. It's a new type of mobile phone software that I'm developing with a small team. We're submitting it to Google's Android Developer Challenge, which has a submission deadline of April 14th. Something tells me that I'm meant to do something great on that day. Everything is converging on April 14th - the challenge deadline, the company domain names all renew on that day, and it's my birthday, too.

Thing is, I'm losing some faith. We're approaching the deadline, way past all of our development milestones, and some of the core functionality isn't completed yet!!! :eek: :panic: We have tons of work to do in very little time. I've been working 16-20 hour days for the last 2 months trying to simultaneously run my business and develop this thing. I'm sleep-deprived (sleeping on a bean bag in my office a lot), stressed to the limit, and emotionally exhausted, running on fumes trying to pull off a miracle.

I need support :( You guys are like a big family to me. Hook me up wtih your thoughts, prayers, or whatever positive energy you can send my way... I need it!

Thanks! :eek:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Good luck with your project. Believe me when I tell you I know all about late hours while trying to finish a project. :) I at least know how you feel physically.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Inspiration....

Attachments

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Where is that motivational poster thread?

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Mojo sent.

·
Registered
527 Posts
More Mojo sent!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
wishing you success!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I think if your idea is great enough and google sees that the idea itself is somewhat revolutionary, you'll get some money, even if the bugs aren't all worked out. The key word in the challenge is "promising" as in "the 50 most promising entries." Don't let the final week of crunch time get you down... the finish line is in sight. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I didn't send any Mojo but I have sent Dr. Evil anti-Mojo to prevent him from taking any of yours.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I am really hoping for you to complete this. :)

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's deadline day... we're not done yet. :(

But soooooo close to wrapping this thing up. Deadline is tonight at 11:59:59 PST That gives us 17 more hours til deadline...

Need more mojo!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts