The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
That looks pretty sweet. Too bad you can't get your azure blue. That really popped, but so does magnetic. Have you seen it in person? In certain lights it really glows with a slight purple tint.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
Gorgeous!!! :up:

I would try to get Laser Blue stripes. That would look sweet.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,885 Posts
shay2nak said:
Gorgeous!!! :up:

I would try to get Laser Blue stripes. That would look sweet.
Nah, Arctic Silver stripes over Mag Blue! Yeah baby!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I believe this is another HRM special edition. It reminds me of my old Viper GTS coupe

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Ah, a great opportunity to ask for assistance with a Photoshop, since I don't have the program. Can someone do up a BRP with the following stripes: silver, white, and black (and any others you think might look good). Thanks!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
1) I think the white stripes on mag blue, really bring out the nicer properties of that particular blue. I am not a huge fan of mag blue, but the flatness of the white seems to enhance the mettallic of the blue -- which it needs. I don't find mag blue sufficiently spectacular.

2) Mag blue with Lazer blue stripes would look great, I suspect. In design, you can achieve a lot of very magnificent, sophisticated effects by playing with very similar colors (for example, the art directors at my magazine company have done some very neat stuff my overprinting mettalic pantone silvers on top of flat CMYK grays ... and CMYK orange-yellow over pantone day-glo orange).

Think the "monochrome look" in men's fashion. It works.

3) Pinmagic (and to anyone else who asks for Photoshop help): This kind of stripe work isn't easy! I would oblige, but I don't have time to get it even close to right. I bow down to anyone here who will take the time to do this stripe work!:clap:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
I give it two thumbs up as it is pictured.

Thanks Babak. It's before 8am and Im LOL over that pic.
I love that picture, it's such great facial expression on both of them.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
Blue with white stripes are official Cobra
Racing colors and not allowed for the
Elise. Sorry, but them's the rules.
That's what I was thinking, it reminds me of a Cobra. Perhaps you should add chrome pipes on the side??

I do like the blue/white color scheme, but not the black wheels.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
Blue with white stripes are official Cobra
Racing colors and not allowed for the
Elise. Sorry, but them's the rules.
Actually, Blue with white strips or white with blue strips used to be the "Official Race Car Colors" for US cars. British were green (hence "British Racing Green"), Italian cars were Red, etc.

The standard colors all went out the window when Lotus "broke the rules" and started painting it's formula cars the colors of their sponsors. Then everyone else started doing it, until race cars became the rolling billboards that we have today.

As always, Lotus was the big inovator...

·
Registered
643 Posts
TimMullen said:
Actually, Blue with white strips or white with blue strips used to be the "Official Race Car Colors" for US cars. British were green (hence "British Racing Green"), Italian cars were Red, etc.

The standard colors all went out the window when Lotus "broke the rules" and started painting it's formula cars the colors of their sponsors. Then everyone else started doing it, until race cars became the rolling billboards that we have today.

As always, Lotus was the big inovator...
At least Ferrari were smart enough to attract sponsors whose products were red! ;)

The stripes look great as pictured.

Jim

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I've got Graphite Gray. I wonder how stripes would look that are a lighter shade of silver not far from the factory paint. I think it would be subtle and that's how I would want to keep it. Any ideas with Gray?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.