The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please see details below regarding an upcoming Los Angeles area drive to be held on September 20th. Attending will be two SoCal Triumph sports car clubs, and Lotus Talk members are invited. :wave:

My wife and I hosted this same drive last year, and everyone had a great time and really enjoyed the roads... 23 cars in total (including 7 Lotus) attended. Hope to see you! :up:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is a reminder and update regarding the upcoming event. :eek:

The L.A. area MG club will be attending. We should have a nice mix of British cars...Lotus, Triumph, and MG. :clap:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Sweet that was a blast last year, can't wait, count me in ! :clap:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Where does this drive end up at, does it circle around to where it began?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JustDJR, the drive route ends at the tri-section of Osborne Street and Foothill Boulevard, which is about four miles northwest of the starting point. The route is somewhat triangular in shape, but the start and end points are about four miles apart.

The 210 freeway is located about 500 feet west of the tri-section that marks the end of the route.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi Greg

I want to go on this drive.

but, i'm not sure if i can get to the meeting point by 9:45am. I'm all the way in Santa Monica, and even with light traffic it seems like i'm looking at about one hour of travel time.

What time do you think you would be leaving the meeting location?
10, 10:15, 10:30am ???

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Sounds fun! I will be there!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm farther south in El Segundo (about 10 minutes on the 405), and it is about a 40 +/-minute drive to the starting location.

I'd estimate about 30 to 35 minutes travel time from where you are (depends how far into Sta.Monica you are).

FYI...while 9:45 am is "advertised", we will have a drivers' briefing at about 10:20 and pull out at about 10:30 regardless of who is / isn't there.

The time delay allows wiggle room for traffic glitches, etc. for people on their way to the event.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
"ALL THE WAY in Santa Monica", and "...farther south in El Segundo"???

Jeez... should I even bother apparently living on the other side of the planet?? :rolleyes:

:D

·
Registered
539 Posts
^^^ rotfl ^^^

hi Greg

If you guesstimate that its only a 35 minute drive from SM to the starting location. i should have no problem getting there before 10am.

Thanks. :)

BTW..Hate to be a bother, but i got one more question. Since you are coming from the west side as well. What is the best route to ensure that I get there in about 35 minutes.

I'm thinking 405 north to the 118 east, and then down the 210 south for a bit until Tajunga? If you know a more efficient route, please let me know.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
405 north to the 118 east, and then to the 210 south until the Sunland Boulevard exit.

At the end of the 210 Freeway off-ramp, head left on Sunland Blvd., which later converges with Foothill Blvd.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sweet. :clap: Thanks again.

405 north to the 118 east, and then to the 210 south until the Sunland Boulevard exit.

At the end of the 210 Freeway off-ramp, head left on Sunland Blvd., which later converges with Foothill Blvd.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I left from bev hills last year and was wide open freeways all the way, nobody out that time of day, took about 30 minutes cruising, hey Luis you want to try and caravan I can maybe meet you on the 405 north , maybe at getty center pull off? It has an on ramp right after the off ramp.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I left from bev hills last year and was wide open freeways all the way, nobody out that time of day, took about 30 minutes cruising, hey Luis you want to try and caravan I can maybe meet you on the 405 north , maybe at getty center pull off? It has an on ramp right after the off ramp.
sounds cool Del.
we can coordinate meeting time as the date gets closer.

looking forward to this. :D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for the interest. :bow:

A Lotus caravan sounds like fun! I won't be able to join you...I must get there earlier to coordinate matters.

See you all there. :clap:

Greg
aka Lotusmotion

1 - 20 of 32 Posts