The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think the situation will be 1 year from now?

Obviously a lot more cars will have been delivered, but will Lotus have "caught up"? I suspect there will still be waiting lists at all dealerships. Will there be a steady flow of cars coming in, or will some of the main topics on these boards still be debating dealer allocation, wait times, etc.?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ballyhoo said:
Obviously a lot more cars will have been delivered, but will Lotus have "caught up"? I suspect there will still be waiting lists at all dealerships. Will there be a steady flow of cars coming in, or will some of the main topics on these boards still be debating dealer allocation, wait times, etc.?
No they won't be caught up. The steady flow is expected to be about 2200 cars a year, thats nothing. The people active here and now are the "car guys" who read about and have gotten on lists as long as 3 years ago. The late comers who have only been on lists for about a year won't have cars for quite a while still.

The first cars are just hitting the streets. Now the people who aren't real "car guys" will start seeing them for the first time and
get on lists. I predict Sept 2005 the waits will be longer than now.

Steve

·
Registered
345 Posts
I don't think there's any chance they will have caught up. My dealer told me that the wait could be over a 1 1/2 years, which means that I would get my car in Sept. 2005 (placed deposit 6 months ago). He was honest with me that it was a wild guess, so I'm just hoping that I just get a car - the wait may be so long for me that I won't even be able to get one before the redesign.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts