The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted our local dealer a week ago and not heard back from their service department. Had car serviced there a while back so this is not new. Open to other places if you guys can recommend some. Thanks.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I contacted our local dealer a week ago and not heard back from their service department. Had car serviced there a while back so this is not new. Open to other places if you guys can recommend some. Thanks.
The local dealer's service department moved to the Maserati facility a few weeks ago, so it's possible the phone number changed. I have had good luck with them for Lotus and Aston service. Other local ships familiar with the Elise and Exige (and maybe other models) are Flamingo Automotive on Guadalupe and SoulSpeed in South Austin.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
So in order from cheapest to most expensive (and quality roughly matches) it's flamingo, SoulSpeed and MooreSpeed. There is also the option of John Long at auto-spec or Harris hill. He is hit and miss though and it depends what you need done.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the info guys....Familiar with SoulSpeed and MooreSpeed but their location is a PITA to get to from where I live. But beggars cannot be choosers.

·
$3(uR3 u$3r
430 Posts
Hi.

I have no idea what the experience will be at the Maserati facility, but SoulSpeed is worth the drive from Cedar Park to South Austin. Just my 2 cents.

Alex

·
Registered
165 Posts
I agree that Collin at Soulspeed is a great guy to service your car. His business operates on auto-pilot, however, with e-mails and phone calls taking a week or two to be returned. If you have patience and time, I recommend him.

That said, I just contacted Soulspeed to replace my valve train and install a new cam shaft, and Collin's response was, "We don't open engines." Now to find someone who does. :( I'm guessing that will need to be Moorespeed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts