The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am away from the car and manual right now, and had a quick question.

What are the Lotus service intervals?

The car is 1 year old, it had its 1000 mile service done at the dealership last year.

The local Toyota dealership did an oil change w/ Mobil 1 last October before it was put into storage. The car had 5,000 miles on it.

I am going on vacation with car for most of the month of June, and I figured I should swap out the oil again.

Is there any rela point in bringing it into the dealership for a "checkup" or servicing if the car has no apparent issues, or should I just change the oil again?

I thought I remembered something about a 6,000 mile service being important for the warranty, but now i am not sure.

BTW, I searched service and warranty, but didn't find a thread which answered my specific questions.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
You won't get the same two answers on service interval if you ask a dealer.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Just a quick question: Is there anything that needs to be done between the 7,500 mile service and the 15,000 mile service? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thank you... I may have to take her in for new tires I guess... I think my traction control is part of the reason my rear A048's have lasted 11K miles.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Just a quick question: Is there anything that needs to be done between the 7,500 mile service and the 15,000 mile service? Thanks in advance...
Yes, if you don't drive your car much your service intervals will be driven by time, not mileage. For example, I change my oil every year (though this might not be a LOTUS requirement). Brake fluid needs to be changed every year regardless of mileage. Other items are on four year and six year intervals.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yes, if you don't drive your car much your service intervals will be driven by time, not mileage. For example, I change my oil every year (though this might not be a LOTUS requirement). Brake fluid needs to be changed every year regardless of mileage. Other items are on four year and six year intervals.
Thanks MattG... Yeah, I had the brake fluid changed a few months ago, as the brake light was coming on when I cornered hard. I guess I should at least check the oil level to make sure it's not low.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Thanks MattG... Yeah, I had the brake fluid changed a few months ago, as the brake light was coming on when I cornered hard. ...
The brake light is most likely due to a slightly low brake fluid level which caused the low-level switch to come on when you were cornering hard. If it happens again before your schedule brake fluid replacement time, have it topped off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts