The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm having a hard time locating the Lotus Elise Factory Service Manual on the Lotus website. It is suppossed to be available for $25, but I can't find the link. Anyone have a link?

Thanks

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
That seems to require a login and password and the engine manual costs $278. :eek:
The manual for everything but the engine and transmission internals is $25. You sign up for a one day "membership" (the password and login), and then you can download the manuals (you can get the Esprit manuals too).

The engine and transmission internals are actually Toyota manuals and not on the web site - although you can order expensive hard copy through Lotus. But you can get them from a similar web site for Toyota, or if you search a bit, you can find links to a "boot leg" copy of the Celica manuals on line (I've gotten them both ways)...

·
Registered
56 Posts
They don't accept non-US paypal accounts. Any help?

·
Registered
320 Posts
The manual for everything but the engine and transmission internals is $25. You sign up for a one day "membership" (the password and login), and then you can download the manuals (you can get the Esprit manuals too).

The engine and transmission internals are actually Toyota manuals and not on the web site - although you can order expensive hard copy through Lotus. But you can get them from a similar web site for Toyota, or if you search a bit, you can find links to a "boot leg" copy of the Celica manuals on line (I've gotten them both ways)...

Hmmm. I went to the site, paid my $25 and all I could access were TSBs and emissions info (some of which required an additional payment). There was no general service manual available. What am I doing wrong here? The clock is running on my 24 hours subscription, so some prompt suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Hmmm. I went to the site, paid my $25 and all I could access were TSBs and emissions info (some of which required an additional payment). There was no general service manual available. What am I doing wrong here? The clock is running on my 24 hours subscription, so some prompt suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
The manual falls under the category of "emissions". If you go to that section, start downloading all the parts of the manual.

The reason for this is that federal law requires that emissions repair information must be made available to the public at a reasonable cost. Lotus just puts the entire manual out there...

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already got one guys. That's the great thing about Lotustalk, ask and your fellow Lotustalkers will give. :clap:

·
Registered
320 Posts
The manual falls under the category of "emissions". If you go to that section, start downloading all the parts of the manual.

The reason for this is that federal law requires that emissions repair information must be made available to the public at a reasonable cost. Lotus just puts the entire manual out there...

Yes, I see that now. Thanks. I guess I should have clicked around a bit, but when the title said "Emissions..." I just didn't think to look any further because, well, I wasn't interestd in emissions information. Ooops.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Yes, I see that now. Thanks. I guess I should have clicked around a bit, but when the title said "Emissions..." I just didn't think to look any further because, well, I wasn't interestd in emissions information. Ooops.
I did the same thing, but I kept clicking, because I was interested in the emissions stuff. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts